The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Scroll to see replies

I was told on 7 June that I was successful at interview (for a London role) and have been placed in the candidate pool - finding the wait very frustrating so far! I was also thinking, if they make you wait longer than 6 months, surely they can't expect you to accept the salary the role was originally advertised for (I've already started another 'filler' job for more than the NCA salary)?! Seems a very strange process but I'm so keen to work there! Just v frustrating. Can anyone shed any more light on the process?
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi I feel your pain as I am in the exact same situation. I think the salary has gone up since but I am keen to start the job! No idea why its taking so long I have been waiting for Birmingham since October.
Original post by kipper44
I was told on 7 June that I was successful at interview (for a London role) and have been placed in the candidate pool - finding the wait very frustrating so far! I was also thinking, if they make you wait longer than 6 months, surely they can't expect you to accept the salary the role was originally advertised for (I've already started another 'filler' job for more than the NCA salary)?! Seems a very strange process but I'm so keen to work there! Just v frustrating. Can anyone shed any more light on the process?
haha yeah it's a role in a completely different industry that I'm aching to escape though!
Wow, since october!!! That's insane! What takes so long!? Have you had any of the health/security checks? Have you had any other updates?
Original post by Arif2803
Hi I feel your pain as I am in the exact same situation. I think the salary has gone up since but I am keen to start the job! No idea why its taking so long I have been waiting for Birmingham since October.
Reply 84
Hi, successful in interview for G4 BSM role with a 6 overall score and in candidate pool with everyone else. My options are outside of London. They have peoples / placement meetings on the 12th working day of each month so fingers crossed for those waiting. If anyone has been already been offered any BSM roles from the last campaign that would be interesting to know. Good luck.
Tell me about it the wait is frustrating! Yes I have had all the health and substance checks. Not sure why its taking so long.. I do get monthly emails saying I am still in the candidate pool..
HiyaI was told on 3 June I was accepted for London and have just had my job offer today so hopefully it won’t be too long for you!
Did you get placed in the candidate pool initially?
Original post by Ejah5
HiyaI was told on 3 June I was accepted for London and have just had my job offer today so hopefully it won’t be too long for you!
Yep was placed in the candidate pool on 3 June
Original post by MollyGlebe2019
Did you get placed in the candidate pool initially?
Congratulations yes the london offers are quick but Birmingham seems to be taking forever. Good luck.
Original post by Ejah5
Wow, that is quick. Congratulations! Hope it’s as quick in Warrington 😁
Original post by Ejah5
Is that for G3 or G4 and is it a manager role? If so maybe it means managers are being recruited before officers.
Original post by Ejah5
Reply 92
That is great, I ask for Nottingham first which was ticked green on the application .. long wait probably for me as not a major HUB like London. Well done on your offer
Original post by Ejah5
Reply 93
I am also he same successful since October all checks and substance test done, score of all 6’s and one 5 still no closer to being placed it feels. I’m waiting for Warrington , interview was September last year.
Wow, since october!!! That's insane! What takes so long!? Have you had any of the health/security checks? Have you had any other updates?
Congrats, that's awesome news! (And gives me hope!) When did you have your health checks / drug test etc? (If you have already?)
Original post by Ejah5
I havent had them yet! Have had a few emails from the recruitment team over the last few days so hopefully will get these arranged soon. Does anyone know how long they take and what the process is?
Congrats, that's awesome news! (And gives me hope!) When did you have your health checks / drug test etc? (If you have already?)
Reply 96
Has anyone had any news from the October 2018 successful candidate pool?
Nothing at all how about you?
Reply 98
(Original post by Arif2803)
Nothing at all how about you? no nothing at all! They last said early August so we may hear something today but my bet is it will be the same email as every other month. So disappointing it’s really starting to feel like it’s never gone to happen
Original post by Bjg_xx
(Original post by Arif2803)
Nothing at all how about you? no nothing at all! They last said early August so we may hear something today but my bet is it will be the same email as every other month. So disappointing it’s really starting to feel like it’s never gone to happen

Completely agree it seems it's taking forever and I'm losing hope....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending