The Student Room Group

Non Eu husband of Eu citizen with settle status and student finance

I am an algerian citizen planning to marry my Eu partener who lives in Uk 14 years and have ILR(not brithish passport holder) and move for good in UK.
As i will be on spouse visa of a Eu national i would like to know if i can apply for student finance .
I know i have to apply for my pre-settled to can get a job and have proof of employment.
I have contact an agency providing assistance to students and i been told if i have pre-settled status and at least 3 payslip ,bank statement and utility bills on my name i don't need to have 3 years living in UK to can get student finance.
Goverment website it is confusing.
I don't know if the fact i am a police officer and already have this qualification will affect my chances to study in uk and get a student loan .
I understood that i can't work as a police officer without beign resident of UK for at least 3 years.
Please advice.Thank you
Original post by Jojolina
I am an algerian citizen planning to marry my Eu partener who lives in Uk 14 years and have ILR(not brithish passport holder) and move for good in UK.
As i will be on spouse visa of a Eu national i would like to know if i can apply for student finance .
I know i have to apply for my pre-settled to can get a job and have proof of employment.
I have contact an agency providing assistance to students and i been told if i have pre-settled status and at least 3 payslip ,bank statement and utility bills on my name i don't need to have 3 years living in UK to can get student finance.
Goverment website it is confusing.
I don't know if the fact i am a police officer and already have this qualification will affect my chances to study in uk and get a student loan .
I understood that i can't work as a police officer without beign resident of UK for at least 3 years.
Please advice.Thank you

Hi there,

I have replied to this message that you previously sent, please continue the conversation with me there.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending