The Student Room Group

A career in engineering! Help

Hi i am a recent graduate with a BA in Geography & History. Halfway through university, I discovered that I have a real interest in mechanics behind the use of satellites. I have used some remote sensing within my geo course. I want to further my career in this sector/ or in environmental engineering. Do you think it would be worth going back to college to obtain a Mathematics A level before i start my MSc in September 2019?
What's the MSc in?
Reply 2
Original post by Student-95
What's the MSc in?

I wish to do my masters in either Sustainable or Environmental engineering
Original post by Aragon23
I wish to do my masters in either Sustainable or Environmental engineering

If you secured entry with your current qualifications then redoing an A-level isn't necessary. If you are concerned about your maths knowledge, you could always self study relevant topics. Do you know how much maths those courses involve?
Reply 4
Original post by Smack
If you secured entry with your current qualifications then redoiTng an A-level isn't necessary. If you are concerned about your maths knowledge, you could always self study relevant topics. Do you know how much maths those courses involve?The

The majority of courses require a decent A level Maths grade. I havent got this A level. I aim to take a some time out and focusing on getting this A level, however i cant afford this and will be unable to complete it.
Original post by Aragon23
The majority of courses require a decent A level Maths grade. I havent got this A level. I aim to take a some time out and focusing on getting this A level, however i cant afford this and will be unable to complete it.

Looks like your only option is self-studying the more relevant topics then. Fortunately there are lots of resources available on the internet for free to go over the material. If you want to purchase a book, Engineering Maths (and the Advanced version) by Stroud are commonly recommended.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending