The Student Room Group

Rate me out of 10? (Picture included)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
5 or 6 in this pic. Another topic I saw you in, you looked better.

That's the thing about pictures, they're a 2d image and thus not super accurate...
I've seen girls who looked hot in real life but very average in photo's. I've seen girls who look very plain in real life but hot in photo's.

You seem to ask for a lot of advice but what advice have you implemented since last time you asked advice?

I’m pretty insecure right now so just been experimenting more - don’t seem to get much luck when I’ve tried Tinder which is also concerning.

I’m not very photogenic and don’t seem to take good photos, particularly as I absolutely hate my smile. So you say it could vary from anywhere from a 5-7 effectively?

I’ve tried to go to the gym more which people suggested and experimented with my hair now but it clearly doesn’t work based on what people are saying! Also updated my wardrobe but still just want to feel more confident.
Original post by ml55
your hairline is on the ropes but other than that good, strong 7

A lot of people have said that about my hair - any tips? Would you suggest growing it out or going with a fringe?

Or not a lot you can do?
Reply 82
Original post by 6TimeChampions
I’m pretty insecure right now so just been experimenting more - don’t seem to get much luck when I’ve tried Tinder which is also concerning.

I’m not very photogenic and don’t seem to take good photos, particularly as I absolutely hate my smile. So you say it could vary from anywhere from a 5-7 effectively?

I’ve tried to go to the gym more which people suggested and experimented with my hair now but it clearly doesn’t work based on what people are saying! Also updated my wardrobe but still just want to feel more confident.

How much girls have you hit on outside of online dating? and how did you meet them?

and tbh, pictures can vary a huge amount ..that I can't put a number on it.
angles/lighting/shaddows/quality/bone structure of the camera etc......, all play a part in how it turns out.
Original post by ANM775
How much girls have you hit on outside of online dating? and how did you meet them?

and tbh, pictures can vary a huge amount ..that I can't put a number on it.
angles/lighting/shaddows/quality/bone structure of the camera etc......, all play a part in how it turns out.

I’ve not really tried to hit on a lot of girls as don’t have the confidence and pretty insecure so turned to online dating as there’s less actual approaching and thought it would boost my confidence.

Had the opposite effect unfortunately as don’t get any matches and considering people on here have said I’m good looking and have nothing to worry about it’s confusing.
You have a baby face, good in long term. Pretty average looking. Hit the gym that always help. Depends on who you trying to score I don't think you would as successful with like 8-10/10 girls unless you have money.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by BonsaiColony
You have a baby face, good in long term. Pretty average looking

Why’s that good in long term?

And suppose average isn’t bad? Just difficult to stand out from the crowd perhaps - maybe why my main problem is going for girls way out of my league and more attractive than me? Or nothing wrong with that?
Best advice I can give is go see your doctor about your balding hair. They can recommend ways to stop balding.
Reply 87
I’ve not really tried to hit on a lot of girls as don’t have the confidence and pretty insecure so turned to online dating as there’s less actual approaching and thought it would boost my confidence.

Had the opposite effect unfortunately as don’t get any matches and considering people on here have said I’m good looking and have nothing to worry about it’s confusing.

Knock up a fake profile of a fat ugly girl on tinder and note how much attention she gets and you'll see why you're not getting any dates.

A growing problem on here I see with young males these days is that due to online dating apps their balls never drop and they just stay online in their comfort zone, not putting themselves out there, swiping on girls because it's "easy" and you don't feel the rejection like you do if you had to approach her in real life.

I'll tell you right now. A fat obese facially unattractive girl can get a guy significantly better looking than you to meet up with her on Tinder. She will be getting hundreds of matches a week in a big city. That being said, why is an attractive girl going to pick to meet up with YOU?

You need to find your balls and start talking to women in real life. Internet dating is very competitive, and clearly not working for you.
Original post by angelike1
Best advice I can give is go see your doctor about your balding hair. They can recommend ways to stop balding.

Ouch 😂

I thought it was bad but perhaps that’s a bit early for that? Gotta love the Student Room though haha.
Original post by ANM775
Knock up a fake profile of a fat ugly girl on tinder and note how much attention she gets and you'll see why you're not getting any dates.

A growing problem on here I see with young males these days is that due to online dating apps their balls never drop and they just stay online in their comfort zone, not putting themselves out there, swiping on girls because it's "easy" and you don't feel the rejection like you do if you had to approach her in real life.

I'll tell you right now. A fat obese facially unattractive girl can get a guy significantly better looking than you to meet up with her on Tinder. She will be getting hundreds of matches a week in a big city. That being said, why is an attractive girl going to pick to meet up with YOU?

You need to find your balls and start talking to women in real life. Internet dating is very competitive, and clearly not working for you.

Suppose you’re right and I do just need to put myself out there but effectively what you’re saying is that if you’re an average or even good looking male, online dating is too hard and rarely going to have much success with it?

I just could never approach a random girl at like a coffee shop or something and clubbing isn’t going to lead to anything substantial I wouldn’t have thought.
Why’s that good in long term?

And suppose average isn’t bad? Just difficult to stand out from the crowd perhaps - maybe why my main problem is going for girls way out of my league and more attractive than me? Or nothing wrong with that?

Yes I've edited my comment before I saw your reply. you will age better basically. Average means you won't be at a disadvantage in attracting a mate but you won't be at an advantage. Don't do online dating.
(edited 4 years ago)
Ouch 😂

I thought it was bad but perhaps that’s a bit early for that? Gotta love the Student Room though haha.

You cant regrow your lost hair so -best time to stop balding is as early as possible.
Original post by BonsaiColony
Yes I've edited my comment before I saw your reply. you will age better basically. Average means you won't be at a disadvantage in attracting a mate but you won't be at an advantage. Don't do online dating.

Let’s hope that’s true!

And why would you stay away from online dating? I know it’s hard and very saturated but surely with some good photos it could work?
Original post by angelike1
You cant regrow your lost hair so -best time to stop balding is as early as possible.

I need a new style and to make it look better but I’m not balding and that’s unnecessary.

I can take banter but not comments just designed to upset someone. Guess it comes with the territory!
Reply 94
Suppose you’re right and I do just need to put myself out there but effectively what you’re saying is that if you’re an average or even good looking male, online dating is too hard and rarely going to have much success with it?

I just could never approach a random girl at like a coffee shop or something and clubbing isn’t going to lead to anything substantial I wouldn’t have thought.

Online dating is mostly a womans market. I'd say unless you are 8+ in your pics, online dating isn't worth doing in most areas if you want to find a decent looking girl. In a few areas the women have lower standards I notice. but most areas they have very high standards.

and at 19 you should be networking and meeting new people through your uni/college friends. try to meet a girl through there.

also tbh if I was 19 i'd just hit on 16 or 17 year olds at the shopping mall or something. Girls of that age arn't going to get hit on that much because they can't go clubbing, and can't use dating sites. Thus they won't be as picky as girls with more options. You might approach a 7/10 17 year old in the mall and it's the first or second time she's been hit on this year.

but if you're hitting on 19 year old girls, they're clubbing like twice a week, and some are on Tinder. you're probably like the 100th guy or something that's hit on them this year [in person], and if she's on an online dating site you're probably at least like the 500th guy hitting on them this year.
6.5 / 10
I love that smile you’re a solid 8 to me
Original post by ANM775
Online dating is mostly a womans market. I'd say unless you are 8+ in your pics, online dating isn't worth doing in most areas if you want to find a decent looking girl. In a few areas the women have lower standards I notice. but most areas they have very high standards.

and at 19 you should be networking and meeting new people through your uni/college friends. try to meet a girl through there.

also tbh if I was 19 i'd just hit on 16 or 17 year olds at the shopping mall or something. Girls of that age arn't going to get hit on that much because they can't go clubbing, and can't use dating sites. Thus they won't be as picky as girls with more options. You might approach a 7/10 17 year old in the mall and it's the first or second time she's been hit on this year.

but if you're hitting on 19 year old girls, they're clubbing like twice a week, and some are on Tinder. you're probably like the 100th guy or something that's hit on them this year [in person], and if she's on an online dating site you're probably at least like the 500th guy hitting on them this year.

Wouldn’t that be somewhat creepy though?

I’d rather go for girls my own age but suppose that’s likely much harder!
Original post by tesconyc
6.5 / 10

Thank you :smile: Any feedback on how to improve?
Original post by IntelligentAngel
I love that smile you’re a solid 8 to me

Aw thank you, I appreciate that :smile:

Any feedback on how to improve?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending