The Student Room Group

Can you become a Pilot with BTEC qualifications?

I was wondering if A-Level were necessary.
Reply 1
Original post by atomic26

They're not, but the hardest part about pilot training is probably just having the money to pay for it.

This information might help. It says 2 A-levels, however I think equivalent would be accepted by some providers. I think the biggest thing is to decide what route you'd take - and would you get a degree to support your application - as A-levels might be a better option.

What BTEC qualifications are you studying? If you are interested in the Engineering and Technological side of Aerospace then we offer Aerospace Technologies with Pilot Studies as a degree which includes pilot training. I know of several fellow students who entered this course with BTEC Diplomas, as opposed to A Levels.
Reply 4
Original post by Herts UG Student Rep
What BTEC qualifications are you studying? If you are interested in the Engineering and Technological side of Aerospace then we offer Aerospace Technologies with Pilot Studies as a degree which includes pilot training. I know of several fellow students who entered this course with BTEC Diplomas, as opposed to A Levels.

I haven't began studying yet, since I still need to receive my GCSE results next week, but ill definitely check it out.
I haven't began studying yet, since I still need to receive my GCSE results next week, but ill definitely check it out.

Good luck with the results!! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Herts UG Student Rep
Good luck with the results!! :smile:

thanks!
Original post by Sinnoh
They're not, but the hardest part about pilot training is probably just having the money to pay for it.

pretty much this along with soaking up the airplane culture. Going to museum about airplanes and controls and studying planes and companies, everything. Really don't matter. Yeah getting A levels and even getting a degree helps get you ready. You would need the funding to practice your pliot skills.

I was an Air cadet and they were nice to allow me to fly and maybe some airplane simulators to get an idea how planes fly. Again, loads of money, time and effort. Depends on what you want to use your pilot skills for, commercial, military?

The education helps because there's pilots who get carried away with flying and the companies who own the planes have problems with that because the job may be boring for them, so yeah, get the education.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello! You do not in fact, need any A Levels. Let alone GCSE! There is no requirement from the CAA about education, but all airlines require 5 GCSE. I work for Jet2 as a first officer (on command course) and I have 5 passes and one B in RE but no A Levels. I studied with Aeros Flight academy. They allow for modular, instalment based training which is very affordable. You need to find a flight school for you, and then require about what they want from you before you start. The only flight school I have found which require A levels is Emirates. Hope this helps.
Reply 9
Hello!, currently in year 10 and take these subjects English, maths, Science, Computer science, History, sociology, Religious studies and taking Arabic as an 2nd language. Do you know what grades i need to get to become a pilot the problem is I’m stuck doing foundation I’ve been asking teachers to move me to higher for a while but they’ve declined even though I am getting consistent grades. At the moment there is no problem for paying flight school and parents would be happy doing so at this moment of time anything I can actually do?
Reply 10
Thanks for the information rozzledozzle...I was just wondering If I was to do a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in Engineering then I went to University to study Aircraft engineering with pilot studies... would those qualifications be good enough to get a job as an airline pilot?
In there 5 GCSEs you need does mathematics have to be one ?
Original post by rozzledozzle
Hello! You do not in fact, need any A Levels. Let alone GCSE! There is no requirement from the CAA about education, but all airlines require 5 GCSE. I work for Jet2 as a first officer (on command course) and I have 5 passes and one B in RE but no A Levels. I studied with Aeros Flight academy. They allow for modular, instalment based training which is very affordable. You need to find a flight school for you, and then require about what they want from you before you start. The only flight school I have found which require A levels is Emirates. Hope this helps.

how much did the course cost?

modular is best, i am hour building for my CPL right now and doing ATPL exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending