The Student Room Group

A-Level Remark Success Stories

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WookieJ
When did you apply for a remark? I applied for a priority remark for econ because i was 1 mark off my LSE offer, got paper 1 and paper 2 remarked, but i have no idea when i might hear back, my insurance uni starts in 3 weeks so i'm quite desperate too.

results day morning
Original post by Miraldn
i got AAB and needed AAA

Really hoping you get those 3 marks!
This is the issue with subjective A Levels, I honestly thought my History essays were very good :frown: and worthy of an A grade.
Original post by Silurianwarrior
Really hoping you get those 3 marks!
This is the issue with subjective A Levels, I honestly thought my History essays were very good :frown: and worthy of an A grade.

thank you so much, i really hope so too! are you sending off your history papers to be remarked?

also Edexcel seemed to mess up a lot of English grades, my friend was awarded 0 in one of her papers which is not even impossible seeing as you get marks for simply writing stuff. I wish Edexcel would get it together
Original post by Miraldn
thank you so much, i really hope so too! are you sending off your history papers to be remarked?

also Edexcel seemed to mess up a lot of English grades, my friend was awarded 0 in one of her papers which is not even impossible seeing as you get marks for simply writing stuff. I wish Edexcel would get it together

from what i have heard edexcel are quite good at sending their remarks quickly so hopefully you should hear soon. meanwhile my remark for AQA is gonna take two weeks!!
Original post by Miraldn

Yup, remarking both history papers (aqa)
Have many people in your school asked for remarks?
Original post by davidskis17
from what i have heard edexcel are quite good at sending their remarks quickly so hopefully you should hear soon. meanwhile my remark for AQA is gonna take two weeks!!

oh thanks! i hope so, i’m so impatient 😓

also 2 weeks?? for a priority remark? that’s just torture 💔 i hope your grades do go up though

Which subject?
Hope it goes well!👍🏼
Does anyone have access to the OCR 2019 Bio mark schemes? Quite a few marks off, and need to decide whether or not to do it - my university place doesn't depend on it, though
Original post by MediocreSince01
Does anyone have access to the OCR 2019 Bio mark schemes? Quite a few marks off, and need to decide whether or not to do it - my university place doesn't depend on it, though

Unfortunately not bro
What did you get in the end? And how was maths?
I’m 3 and 1 mark away from the next grade! I’ve requested a remark too. Just hoping it changes tho 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Which subject?
Hope it goes well!👍🏼

thank you! biology so trying not to keep my hopes up haha
Original post by Miraldn
oh thanks! i hope so, i’m so impatient 😓

also 2 weeks?? for a priority remark? that’s just torture 💔 i hope your grades do go up though

completely understand, my mark needs to go up by one and then i will get into my firm choice! i just wanted to find out asap dont know how long before i acc go insane :/

yeah apparently AQA is the slowest board. hoping all of our remarks work out in our favour.
thank you! biology so trying not to keep my hopes up haha

Ah well out of the sciences Biology usually does increase from time to time! So fingers crossed.
My physics is 3/4 marks from an A, also trying my best to not expect any change - most likely won’t but hoping my firm accepts me regardless
Original post by MediocreSince01

maybe ask a teacher at school, they might know xx
completely understand, my mark needs to go up by one and then i will get into my firm choice! i just wanted to find out asap dont know how long before i acc go insane :/

yeah apparently AQA is the slowest board. hoping all of our remarks work out in our favour.

just by one mark 🥺 best of luck, i’m sure we’ll be hearing good news
Reply 35
Original post by Miraldn

Whatttt?!!! She got 0!!! I thought they were crazy for giving me 8 in an essay but 0...
Ah well out of the sciences Biology usually does increase from time to time! So fingers crossed.
My physics is 3/4 marks from an A, also trying my best to not expect any change - most likely won’t but hoping my firm accepts me regardless

I'm sorry this is unrelated but I'm so unsure as to what to take for a level what others did you chose aside from physics and what is your ambitions for the future (career path or university course?) I want to take physics but don't want it to limit my options also I hope your remark goes well and you get an A
Original post by Chantelleduru
Whatttt?!!! She got 0!!! I thought they were crazy for giving me 8 in an essay but 0...

exactly! must be an admin error cause it makes no sense at all
Original post by Rae5
I'm sorry this is unrelated but I'm so unsure as to what to take for a level what others did you chose aside from physics and what is your ambitions for the future (career path or university course?) I want to take physics but don't want it to limit my options also I hope your remark goes well and you get an A

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History
Was undecided between Architetcure and Phys Nat Sci but p
Opted for Architecture in the end.
And thank you!
If you’re planning to take Physics, Maths is pretty much essential and they go hand in hand.
What uni course are you thinking of?
Original post by Rae5

I would advise against doing 4 A-Levels...

Quick Reply

Latest