The Student Room Group

A-level Business

Please can anyone who has done or is currently studying business studies for A-level tell me what it’s like? x
Hey!

I did a level aqa business in 2016-2018.

It mainly builds on from Gcse, but places business into the bigger picture - how it is interconnected with the wider pestle environment (politics, society, economics, legal, technology and environment)

It introduces a lot of theories especially for strategic management, how a business can position itself in a market and motivation theories.

There's also a lot of content on financial stuff like: break even, income statements, balance sheets, cash flow, decision trees, etc.

For the spec I did, AQA, you were expected to keep up to date with current affairs and apply these to your answers where relevant.

You can also expect longer essay questions (up to 25 marks for AQA)

Hope this helps! 😊
Reply 2
Original post by LaughterIsMyDrug
Hey!

I did a level aqa business in 2016-2018.

It mainly builds on from Gcse, but places business into the bigger picture - how it is interconnected with the wider pestle environment (politics, society, economics, legal, technology and environment)

It introduces a lot of theories especially for strategic management, how a business can position itself in a market and motivation theories.

There's also a lot of content on financial stuff like: break even, income statements, balance sheets, cash flow, decision trees, etc.

For the spec I did, AQA, you were expected to keep up to date with current affairs and apply these to your answers where relevant.

You can also expect longer essay questions (up to 25 marks for AQA)

Hope this helps! 😊

Heyy, thank you so much!! I didn’t do GCSE business, do you think that would affect how I manage with A-level?
Original post by Ljh1609
Heyy, thank you so much!! I didn’t do GCSE business, do you think that would affect how I manage with A-level?

Not really, but you may need to spend more time learning certain topics that you aren't familiar with.

It may even be more helpful learning by starting with a fresh perspective
Reply 4
I got a 5 in Maths and I want to pursue a degree in economics. My a level choices are economics, psychology, epq but I don't know what to do for my 4th a level. I want to choose business studies but I heard that economics and business studies overlap so should it be a problem for when I apply for university? If I cannot do business studies, can you please give me an idea on a subject that will help me to pursue a degree in economics?
Original post by eli2929
I got a 5 in Maths and I want to pursue a degree in economics. My a level choices are economics, psychology, epq but I don't know what to do for my 4th a level. I want to choose business studies but I heard that economics and business studies overlap so should it be a problem for when I apply for university? If I cannot do business studies, can you please give me an idea on a subject that will help me to pursue a degree in economics?

You definitely need to do Maths
You don’t need to do 4 Alevels . Three is plenty.
If you’re doing an EPQ make it relevant to your degree choice and do it in the first year of Alevels as you won’t have the time later.
Tbh if you got a 5 in gcse Maths I’d drop the EPQ and concentrate on the Alevels only.
It's a joke how easy it is. Do it if you want an easy A/A*
Original post by TheYearNotNiner
It's a joke how easy it is. Do it if you want an easy A/A*

what did you do to get the A? ive not touched business for like a year now and only focused on my other two subjects, i wanna quickly cover business but im not really sure what to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending