The Student Room Group

Question

Hi guys, i want to study software engineering at uni but i chose business because i thought i would like it but now this is the second term at year 12 but i am rethinking doing A - Level business and switching to BTEC business, is this possible?
Original post by dahoodie15
Hi guys, i want to study software engineering at uni but i chose business because i thought i would like it but now this is the second term at year 12 but i am rethinking doing A - Level business and switching to BTEC business, is this possible?

I've read through your post several times now trying to work out what I've missed. You asking about switching from Business to, er, Business. Is that right? So you want to abandon A level Business and start BTEC Business. Why?! Are you hoping that it's be easier, or something?

Does you school / college BTEC Business as well a A level Business? If so, they they would be the people to ask if you can switch. (I'd be surprised if you can, as BTECs are very coursework focused, with the coursework associated with particular units. The units which have been taught between September and now won't be revisited, and there therefore won't be the opportunity to do the associated coursework.)

In addition to the A level in Business, what other A levels (or BTECs or whatever) are you studying? I ask as universities are going to be keen to see Maths or at least something computing / IT-related if you want to study Software Engineering at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending