The Student Room Group

Is maths statistics alevel easy

I feel like it is compare to pure maths and Mechanic. ... so I am doing the mistake of leaving it to the last 3 months is that okay or is it really harder theni think
I feel, personally, that statistics is slightly harder than mechanics, but with statistics, it's all about data collection etc., I'd say go for mechanics and with pure it's tough although once you've grasped the concept you can do it with flying colours. But is there mechanics and pure offered separately? I know Statistics is an A-Level offered by itself but I've never heard of A-Level Pure Maths or A-Level Mechanics. Usually Pure and Mechanics are offered alongside Statistics under A-Level Mathematics
It’s different for everybody. Because I thought statistics was a lot easier than mechanics but some thought the opposite.
Original post by OR321
It’s different for everybody. Because I thought statistics was a lot easier than mechanics but some thought the opposite.

They're both equal in intensity really, it's whatever suits a person and what they've choose to do later with their qualifications, although options between Mechanics and Statistics was something that I thought was only offered if you're studying Further Maths
The new A level maths includes both mechanics and statistics as well as the pure maths. There is no longer any choice at A level.

A level further Maths does have some choice still
Reply 5
Original post by maiishaa-a
I feel, personally, that statistics is slightly harder than mechanics, but with statistics, it's all about data collection etc., I'd say go for mechanics and with pure it's tough although once you've grasped the concept you can do it with flying colours. But is there mechanics and pure offered separately? I know Statistics is an A-Level offered by itself but I've never heard of A-Level Pure Maths or A-Level Mechanics. Usually Pure and Mechanics are offered alongside Statistics under A-Level Mathematics

Well I am doing machanic 1 and statistics 1 and pure maths 1 and 3
Original post by Marm123fh
Well I am doing machanic 1 and statistics 1 and pure maths 1 and 3

Oh ok, those are done at AS Level and then you'll continue to do Mech2 Stats2 and Pure at A2

Good Luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy them as I did
Reply 7
Yeah as people have said it depends on your what you personally find easier, I always found mechanics much easier to get my head around than statistics. I would say have a good look at some past papers and the content and then decide whether you think you need to start revising earlier or whether you would be fine to leave it till the last 3 months and focus on other topics.
Reply 8
I started revising for stats and mech properly around a month before exams. If I could go back in time, I would start as early as possible to avoid any unnecessary last minute stress. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest