The Student Room Group

medicine personal statement but not applying for med anymore

i was set on applying for medicine and my predicted grades werent great however i thought if i could get a good score in my ucat then i would be able to push them up more, but now that i took it and it wasnt great im trying to apply for biomed/biochem any ideas on how to adapt my personal statement (already written for medicine) and work experience?
What are you’re predicted grades?
Reply 2
Original post by karxxmah
i was set on applying for medicine and my predicted grades werent great however i thought if i could get a good score in my ucat then i would be able to push them up more, but now that i took it and it wasnt great im trying to apply for biomed/biochem any ideas on how to adapt my personal statement (already written for medicine) and work experience?

What score did you get in your UKCAT

Are you eligible for contextual offers or foundation years

lol I submitted a medicine personal statement for a finance course or something and got the offer. I wouldn't worry. You could get rid of some of the work experience stuff if you wanted to but it doesn't really matter.
Reply 5
Original post by Ssholie14
What are you’re predicted grades?

A , B (for chem but if i get A's in the tests we have when we go back to school then my teacher said she would put it up to an A) and a c for bio
Reply 6
Original post by Asd901
What score did you get in your UKCAT

610 on average with a band 3
Reply 7
Original post by DGeorge13
Are you eligible for contextual offers or foundation years

not really
Reply 8
thankyou!! i will just try to tailor my medical work experience to biochem

Quick Reply

Latest