The Student Room Group

Do you get paid as a student doctor

Hi

I was wondering if you got paid for your placement as a doctor. And if so how much?
from what I know, once you do your 5/6 years of med school you go onto foundation years for two and you get paid then (i think you become a junior doctor) not sure about specific figures but I don’t think it’s very high...
No
You get paid when you start working after graduation when you do your house jobs
Reply 3
Original post by mez_merising
from what I know, once you do your 5/6 years of med school you go onto foundation years for two and you get paid then (i think you become a junior doctor) not sure about specific figures but I don’t think it’s very high...

Oh okay- thank you
Reply 4
Original post by warbis66
No
You get paid when you start working after graduation when you do your house jobs

Oh okay thanks
Reply 5
Throughout medical school you do not get paid (which is why doctors run up such a large student debt). Once graduated, you’ll earn around £27,000 as an F1, about £31,000 as an F2, rising to around 40k for a speciality doctor (S1 registrar). You can google these figures as well, but be aware not all doctors are going to earn the top salaries! Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by lizzydavis
Oh okay thanks

Medical school is probably the most expensive degree you can do. 4 years of tuition fees, 5/6 years of maintenance loans, extra costs in terms of travel to placement and equipment. Honestly its hard to see how people do it without bank of mum and dad.

You get paid when you graduate.
Original post by lizzydavis
Hi

I was wondering if you got paid for your placement as a doctor. And if so how much?

Doctors don't do placement. Doctors do jobs. Students do placement. Students don't get paid (the opposite in fact :tongue:).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending