The Student Room Group

NHS LF Bursaries

Hi there,

I'm an MSW looking to reenter University to complete a degree in Midwifery at Coventry (ive been to university before but never completed). As I'm a mature student, I have a life and obligations that I need to take into account. I find the information available really confusing! The government website seems to indicate that the NHS bursary is only available to doctors and dentists; is this the case? Lots of other places suggest that nurses/midwives are also eligible for an NHS bursary.

Secondly, the government website also says that if you're eligible for a bursary you're also eligible to have your fees paid? Is this correct?

Can anyone shed any light?
Reply 1
Midwifery degrees don't get their fees paid for by NHS bursaries - it's paid for by student finance.

All information is here:
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf
Reply 2
You will need to apply for student finance the normal way online. You have to be entitled to student loans to be eligible for the bursaries. The idea is they offest the student loan debt, it's about £5000 I think I read, plus an additional applications for student facing exceptional financial hardship.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending