The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

My University Experience!

I know I already started one of these, but I made it back in March so I feel like I should make a new one because it’s getting pretty close to move on day now.

So atm my parents are on holiday until the 22nd so I’m having to move in on the 23rd (two days late) not really a massive problem but I would of preferred moving in on the 21st. I have everything ready, I just have to pack my suitcase full of my clothes and everyday essentials while they are away. As soon as they get back I’m having to pack everything else like kitchenware, bedding, towels as they have the other two suitcases.

Just for a bit of information, I am 20 years old, took a 2 year break from education as I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. We got forced to apply when we was in sixth form so I first applied at Leeds to do dance, after thinking for months about it I decided it wasn’t for me and rejected my offer. I’ve spent so long trying to decide what University I want to go to and also what course I want to do. I finally decided on University of Hertfordshire to do International Tourism Management. This is something my parents have also encouraged me to do as I did travel and tourism at A Level and feel like it is the right course for me.

I’m so excited to start, and I’m looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you!
Original post by Anonymous
I know I already started one of these, but I made it back in March so I feel like I should make a new one because it’s getting pretty close to move on day now.

So atm my parents are on holiday until the 22nd so I’m having to move in on the 23rd (two days late) not really a massive problem but I would of preferred moving in on the 21st. I have everything ready, I just have to pack my suitcase full of my clothes and everyday essentials while they are away. As soon as they get back I’m having to pack everything else like kitchenware, bedding, towels as they have the other two suitcases.

Just for a bit of information, I am 20 years old, took a 2 year break from education as I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. We got forced to apply when we was in sixth form so I first applied at Leeds to do dance, after thinking for months about it I decided it wasn’t for me and rejected my offer. I’ve spent so long trying to decide what University I want to go to and also what course I want to do. I finally decided on University of Hertfordshire to do International Tourism Management. This is something my parents have also encouraged me to do as I did travel and tourism at A Level and feel like it is the right course for me.

I’m so excited to start, and I’m looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you!

Just get 2 cardboard boxed, bin liners or make 2 piles of stuff ready for the suitcases when they get back. Boxes should be good enough as you can throw those once at uni whereas suitcases are bulky. Just keep a to do list.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just get 2 cardboard boxed, bin liners or make 2 piles of stuff ready for the suitcases when they get back. Boxes should be good enough as you can throw those once at uni whereas suitcases are bulky. Just keep a to do list.

I’m travelling on the train so everything is in bags for now, I’ll have to use suitcases
I’m travelling on the train so everything is in bags for now, I’ll have to use suitcases

You can get some very large kitbags on wheels and you could store a mass of stuff in those. Get the quilt and pillows the other end.

Hey @Anonymous,

Congratulations on your place at the University of Hertfordshire! :yeah:We are so excited to welcome you on campus and help you get stuck in! Hopefully, you've received all your joining instructions :dancing2:International Tourism management at Herts is ranked inside the top 20 of the Guardian University League Table 2018 for tourism, hospitality and event management; you will have a fantastic time studying here. You'll also have the opportunity to travel abroad as a part of your course or do a placement abroad! The course is recognised by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI) and is a key partner of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) so you have the opportunity to make the best of it and gain excellent employable skills! :yay:If there's any further information you need or help with anything, do let me know and I'll do my best to make this journey as smooth as possible for you!

Good luck and see you at Freshers' :h:

Chirasree

Hey!

Have you figured out how you will be getting between the train station & campus? Let me know if you need any advice as I make that journey quite often :u:
Reply 6
Original post by Herts UG Student Rep
Hey!

Have you figured out how you will be getting between the train station & campus? Let me know if you need any advice as I make that journey quite often :u:

I know it’s either the bus or a taxi. Could you give me some information on the buses please. I would be on de hav campus.
I know it’s either the bus or a taxi. Could you give me some information on the buses please. I would be on de hav campus.

Ah, the busses would be fairly convenient as they stop right behind the accommodation blocks on De Hav :smile:

I would recommend an Uno bus (they're pink/purple, so easy to spot!). 614 or 644 would be best, however the 341 & 641 sometimes also stop at De Hav (double check with the driver before getting on if you use the 341/641). You can find timetables here, and a route map here. There are several stops in-front of the station, so be sure to check which stops you need to use - it'll say this on the timetable as well as on each individual stop when you are there on the day.

For taxis, AAA and Welwyn Hatfield Taxis are the two most popular. I know the fare would be around £4 for AAA if you are making the journey during daytime hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending