The Student Room Group

In year 11, advice for GCSE revision

I am now in year 11, it is quite far till the exams but it seems better to start at a steady pace with the revision at home, I see it helps understand stuff more in lesson. I just need help on best ways to revise.
Question: what grade did you get?

Question: how did you revises (what was the best way)

Question: when did you begin revising?

Question: tips when in the exam?

Thanks.
I got a mix bag no fails, my highest was a grade 7 and a lowest a grade 4. main grades
maths 6
englihs lit 7
Lang 5
science 5/5
I didn't revise at all and did minimal homework
I revised the night before and got 3 9’s, 4 8’s and a 7 and 5. Would I recommend other people to copy that? Probably not, but the main thing is staying calm in the exam and taking your time to think stuff though (you have more than you think).

I revised literally by doing practise questions, and if I got one wrong I’d read up on it and do a load more on that topic.
Reply 3
Grades: 10x Grade 9
When did I begin revising?: February
Tips in exam?: Sleep well the night before, arrive in the exam hall well before time and arrange yourself. Make sure you're familiar with all the question types.
Original post by DJTrump
Grades: 10x Grade 9
When did I begin revising?: February
Tips in exam?: Sleep well the night before, arrive in the exam hall well before time and arrange yourself. Make sure you're familiar with all the question types.

damn man you revised in February I feel bad
Reply 5
@Hasan167 - haha, I'd hardly call it revision. At that point it was like a couple hours over the weekend of just reading and highlighting textbooks. I only really picked it up around April.
Original post by DJTrump
@Hasan167 - haha, I'd hardly call it revision. At that point it was like a couple hours over the weekend of just reading and highlighting textbooks. I only really picked it up around April.

ah I didn't revise at all, what are u doing for a levels
Reply 7
Original post by Hasan167
ah I didn't revise at all, what are u doing for a levels

say, mums
Original post by EmpraZ
say, mums

Huh

Quick Reply

Latest