The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Ual Interview/Application 2019

I attended an interview for ual Fashion hair and makeup course and was given a ‘verbal offer’ I guess, but I’m nervously waiting for UCAS to update. On my ual portal it says ‘pending UCAS update’. Does anybody know what this means or how long it will take to get my official offer through? :smile:
Original post by Ellieshem
I attended an interview for ual Fashion hair and makeup course and was given a ‘verbal offer’ I guess, but I’m nervously waiting for UCAS to update. On my ual portal it says ‘pending UCAS update’. Does anybody know what this means or how long it will take to get my official offer through? :smile:

When was your interview?

there’s a whole bunch of applicants posting in the university of the arts london forum. But if you’re worried it’s perfectly acceptable to ring up and ask them when your verbal offer will come through on Track.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2

mine just changed to 'pending ucas update' too, but i wasn't told at interview if i'd got an offer or not :/ not sure if it says pending regardless of if you've got an offer or not. i noticed on the homepage it's now given me an IT username too, so i'm praying it means i've been accepted :lol:
pending means it will take up to four days to come through or at least this was the case for me. It means that ual have decided and have notified UCAS
Reply 4
I got my offer two days ago now through UCAS !
Hi, I’m going to Lcf to do the Hair and Makeup for Fashion course this month and I’m looking for other applicants that are doing the course too, are you doing the course? X
hi, i’m thinking of doing this course next year. do you think its really hard to get into? i’ve been studying hair styling for the past 2 years so i don’t think that gains me ucas points but i’ve been a part of fashion weeks and event hair. i’m worrying if i don’t have a good chance and they won’t accept me
Original post by theopistou
hi, i’m thinking of doing this course next year. do you think its really hard to get into? i’ve been studying hair styling for the past 2 years so i don’t think that gains me ucas points but i’ve been a part of fashion weeks and event hair. i’m worrying if i don’t have a good chance and they won’t accept me

Hi there!

Exciting times ahead for you!

Normally, UCAS points are done out of formality. UAL often accept students on the standard of their portfolio and work they've done that's relevant to the course. Just make sure your portfolio is at its best and personal statement includes all the hard work you've done during fashion weeks (also, it'll be good to document them as they can be included in your portfolio - make sure they're photographed in the best way possible! High quality and styled nicely).

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

All the Best,
Charlene :biggrin:
Student Rep.

How long did it take for you to get a reply for interview
Original post by Emily21772177
How long did it take for you to get a reply for interview

Hello there !

Could you please clarify what you mean by reply times ? Did you mean 1) how long did it take for a reply after an interview OR 2) How long did I take before you/ an individual was offered an interview after initial application ?

a general note - Reply times for interviews vary depending on what course you’ve applied onto and the volume of applications made onto that specific course .

Thanks,
Memunatu-
Student rep
Hello ! Has anyone interviews for foundations degree in art and design at Camberwell and has any tips or pointers?! My interview is in 2 days and I am a little nervous
Original post by simonwiv
Hello ! Has anyone interviews for foundations degree in art and design at Camberwell and has any tips or pointers?! My interview is in 2 days and I am a little nervous

Hi @simonwiv

We have some guidance about interviews here on our Youtube channel.

It's helpful to reread your personal statement and the course description before your interview. Think about the kind of questions they might ask you, and how you would respond. You can have notes with you too which can help you to steady your nerves. Please don't worry too much about it though - the interview is really just a chance for the staff to have a conversation with you and find out more about you and your interest in creative studies.

Best of luck!

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending