The Student Room Group

Can I get accepted into Law at Warwick with AAB?

Hi all. I have just finished my A levels and am currently on a gap year. I plan to apply for law next year (LLB) and was wondering whether Warwick was worth a shot. I have got an A in both history and econ and a B in English lit. I know the requirements are AAA but I was 8 UMS marks off an A and I have obtained an A in the EPQ.

So is it worth applying or am I gonna be rejected straight away?

Many thanks :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you applying through ucas isnt it worth trying one risky place?
Worth taking a risk with one choice as long as Warwick don't tell you not to bother after you email Admissions.

Where else are you thinking about applying?
Reply 3
Original post by harrysbar
Worth taking a risk with one choice as long as Warwick don't tell you not to bother after you email Admissions.

Where else are you thinking about applying?

I've been thinking about Birmingham (requirements are AAA but with an EPQ it will be AAB), Aberdeen (ABB) and Lancaster (AAB), not sure about what my last two would be tbh 😅
Original post by Delphic988
I've been thinking about Birmingham (requirements are AAA but with an EPQ it will be AAB), Aberdeen (ABB) and Lancaster (AAB), not sure about what my last two would be tbh 😅

Ok so Warwick would be your one aspirational choice, no harm in that. You are very likely to get offers from the other ones on your list with AAB predictions, and might get lucky with Warwick. Are you mainly looking at campus unis in the North/Midlands?
Reply 5

It looks like you have a good balance of risky and safe choices, if you put Warick as one of your five then I think you should have another safe choice.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Nununu
It looks like you have a good balance of risky and safe choices, if you put Warick as one of your five then I think you should have another safe choice, perhaps one with BBB required?

He doesn't need to go down to BBB, those unis pretty much all end up in Clearing anyway
The usual advice is to spread your choices across grade ranges :
* 1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades
* 2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
* 1 or 2 - below your predicted grade

so taking a punt at Warwick would be worth it just in case they might say yes!
Reply 8
so today I've finally got a response from Warwick- They stated that I would be considered but I would be at a significant disadvantage since I have not met the typical offer. I have also emailed Manchester last week and they stated that they would not consider me.
I know the requirements are AAA but I was 8 UMS marks off an A and I have obtained an A in the EPQ.

UMS? When did you do your A levels...
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check

I did my A levels this year and am deferring entry so I'm applying for 2020 courses with my actual grades

to be fair might be confusing with raw or international
I did my A levels this year and am deferring entry so I'm applying for 2020 courses with my actual grades

Ah, I see. You're usually in a stronger position with achieved, rather than predicted grades. However, I see from your earlier post that things have moved on. At least Warwick got back to you quickly.
Original post by _gcx
to be fair might be confusing with raw or international

You're a CA... :shock:
You're a CA... :shock:

think I've been one for a year now, but year 13 seemed to drag forever so I don't really know. (first weeks at university has already felt like ages)
yesssssss they'll accept you hunny

let's get this bread.

ps - give me english lit advice & how you got your grade & what you got in the coursework. lets #pool our resources and support one another. Xox
Original post by _gcx
think I've been one for a year now, but year 13 seemed to drag forever so I don't really know. (first weeks at university has already felt like ages)

Ooh yes - how's it going? Hope all is well there and you're enjoying it :smile:
if you’re interested, you could apply to do PPL ( Politics, Philosophy and Law) at Warwick. I got AAB in my a levels and am currently studying PPL, so you’d likely get an offer, especially because it’s a very new course and not many people know it exist, so it’s not as competitive as applying for straight law at Warwick.
Original post by cheerIeader
yesssssss they'll accept you hunny

let's get this bread.

ps - give me english lit advice & how you got your grade & what you got in the coursework. lets #pool our resources and support one another. Xox

God help us
Original post by dyingstudent101
God help us

hun pls i worked as an admissions tutor at warwick for a week and i know what i'm talking about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending