The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Elissamoor123
does anyone know what the lowest ucat someone achieved last year that they interviewed

Recent cut offs 700, 625, 640, 663, 645 (2018 entry), 627.5 (2019 entry)
Original post by GANFYD

so would applying with 647.5 B3( do u they look at SJT) be risky??
thanks
Reply 22
so would applying with 647.5 B3( do u they look at SJT) be risky??
thanks

You need to decide how risky you think it is. You would have made the cut off in 4 out of the last 6 years and with the extra places, cut offs are generally lower.
Southampton do not use SJT, I believe
does anyone know what the lowest ucat someone achieved last year that they interviewed

645 for 2018 entry
627.5 for 2019 entry
Original post by GANFYD
You need to decide how risky you think it is. You would have made the cut off in 4 out of the last 6 years and with the extra places, cut offs are generally lower.

ok, thank you so much for your reply. Regarding extra places, do u mean this year and the other scores you told me are they in order of year acceding so is the 663 score for 2017 and 640 score for 2016. If that's true then when comparing those scores to the percentiles for that year they are lying around the low/mid 60th percentile and my score this year lies in the high 60th percentile. so yeah bit of a gamble.
Reply 25
ok, thank you so much for your reply. Regarding extra places, do u mean this year and the other scores you told me are they in order of year acceding so is the 663 score for 2017 and 640 score for 2016. If that's true then when comparing those scores to the percentiles for that year they are lying around the low/mid 60th percentile and my score this year lies in the high 60th percentile. so yeah bit of a gamble.

The only med schools with extra places this year are Sunderland, Edge Hill and KMMS
Cut offs go back in date order reading from right to left (or from 2014 onwards going Lt to Rt)
Reply 26

"For anybody for whom it may be of interest, Southampton's recent UCAT cut offs have been 663, 645 (2018 entry), 627.5 (2019 entry)"
why is Southampton at the bottom of the medical rankings, what is the reason? Does anyone know how the student satisfaction is
why is Southampton at the bottom of the medical rankings, what is the reason? Does anyone know how the student satisfaction is

I don’t know although if you really like it apply as league tables don’t really mean anyth
Original post by D_P_R
"For anybody for whom it may be of interest, Southampton's recent UCAT cut offs have been 663, 645 (2018 entry), 627.5 (2019 entry)"

Do you know what it is for the 2020 entry? I believe it hasn't been released yet
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by HecticG
Do you know what it is for the 2020 entry? I believe it hasn't been released yet

No I don’t but if anyone does lmk
Does anyone know how may places are offered for international applicants each year for BM5?
Original post by HecticG

They don’t know themselves until you’ve applied
Original post by GANFYD

This data you have provided is this for non-contexual people or just contextual people
Original post by GANFYD

if I achieved 627.5 as a non contextual applicant would i have received an interview?
Reply 35
Original post by GANFYD

I got the exact same score and band and I applied. I'm an international student though.

Hi @Elissamoor123 if you don't mind, could you let us know where did you find that data about Southampton being bottom? I mean which ranking? Thanks!
Original post by f1_carzy
Hi @Elissamoor123 if you don't mind, could you let us know where did you find that data about Southampton being bottom? I mean which ranking? Thanks!

the complete university guide and the guardian... it isnt really at the top or middle, instead has gone down.
What type of UCAT scores do people applying this year have?
Reply 39
Original post by whizzer_wins
What type of UCAT scores do people applying this year have?

647.5 B3 for me. Hopefully, its enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending