The Student Room Group

Transfer second year to another university?

Can you transfer from a university to another without changing course, but just the university?
Original post by Adezo
Can you transfer from a university to another without changing course, but just the university?

Yes, but it depends if they have space and they are willing t take you. Its like applying for uni all over again.
Reply 2
Yes. That's what I did.
Reply 3
Original post by eden3
Yes. That's what I did.

That's cool, how did you do that ? Please
Reply 4
I did this, i study maths and first year mathematics is pretty much the same at most unis. I am going straight into 2nd yr into a Russell group uni. Needed to get a first in my first year at my old uni. Had to make new ucas, new personal statement, get someone to take over my room in the house at old uni, send new uni content of what i learned at the old uni, get accomodation for new uni.
First step is to see which unis accept second year transfers, and dont get upset when people say its uncommon, if you work hard you should be able to do it. As a tip i would say act fairly quickly, i was able to get rid of my 2nd yr room quite quick and got my ucas and personal statement done quite quick. Let your department/personal tutor/student services/student finance know. I didnt have to pay more fees cuz i was just paying for second year at a different uni.
When asking for results from your old uni, ask your department and examinations team. I found examinations were unhelpful whereas department have your details so they would be better. Best of luck anyone who is attempting to do this.
I think it depends on course, like for me maths is the same at most places whereas biology degrees usually have more optional module so you may not have the required knowledge to start second year somewhere else but its best just to ask the uni you want to transfer to
Reply 7
is there any way i can talk to you aside this,really important
How did you find meeting people in year 2? Was it quite closed social groups or were they friendly and welcoming in year 2 despite having known eachother a year?
Reply 9
Original post by helpme:)
I did this, i study maths and first year mathematics is pretty much the same at most unis. I am going straight into 2nd yr into a Russell group uni. Needed to get a first in my first year at my old uni. Had to make new ucas, new personal statement, get someone to take over my room in the house at old uni, send new uni content of what i learned at the old uni, get accomodation for new uni.
First step is to see which unis accept second year transfers, and dont get upset when people say its uncommon, if you work hard you should be able to do it. As a tip i would say act fairly quickly, i was able to get rid of my 2nd yr room quite quick and got my ucas and personal statement done quite quick. Let your department/personal tutor/student services/student finance know. I didnt have to pay more fees cuz i was just paying for second year at a different uni.
When asking for results from your old uni, ask your department and examinations team. I found examinations were unhelpful whereas department have your details so they would be better. Best of luck anyone who is attempting to do this.

Would you be able to give me any advice on how to go about finding a replacement for my second year house, please? What was your experience and how did you find someone fast? I am looking to switch unis and it is a big move, so I need to have out of the house. Any guidance or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks, Chris
So for me it was very easy since mine was a university owned house... I would post it in your University room finding page on facebook and you should get lots of people wanting it. Hope this helps
Original post by chrislen
Would you be able to give me any advice on how to go about finding a replacement for my second year house, please? What was your experience and how did you find someone fast? I am looking to switch unis and it is a big move, so I need to have out of the house. Any guidance or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks, Chris
Reply 11
How did you do it and to what course
Reply 12
I have been withdraw from my university due to plagiarism does that mean I won’t be able to study to another university!? I already pass my first year I just need to start year two in another university so that I can continue my course.
Original post by Estokay
I have been withdraw from my university due to plagiarism does that mean I won’t be able to study to another university!? I already pass my first year I just need to start year two in another university so that I can continue my course.

You'll need a reference from your old university in most cases. You need to speak to someone there about getting a reference and whether they'll mention the academic misconduct. If they do then that doesn't rule out a place elsewhere but you'd be expected to justify why they should be confident that you wont do it again
Reply 14
I have spoken to my personal tutor about this I have got a place to continue my course but I was ask to send in my university reference I have ask my personal tutor and she told me she has to speak to the program leader about this and if they should measure about what has happen am so worry about this because if they do then am just thinking that university won’t allow me or not😩 but still not sure

Can any university accept me if it’s happens that they said I did plagiarism and that’s why I was taken out of the course!? I’m so worry
(edited 4 years ago)

Hi what Russell group uni do you go to and what uni did you previously go to?
Just side note, graduated my Masters degree in maths got a 2:1 had a great time and made great friends
Just side note, graduated my Masters degree in maths got a 2:1 had a great time and made great friends

Hey i’m looking at transferring from one russell group to another for the same course education due to needing to be at home for second year please give me any advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending