The Student Room Group

Lnat scores for Bristol university

(edited 4 years ago)
What’s the lowest LNAT score that Bristol University accept/ have accepted? Asking because mine went considerably badly
About that, I noticed it is mostly 2019 and some 2018 results, anything from before that on other documents?
Thank you!

Another question - Do you know if Bristol weighs your LNAT based half on your MCQ and half on your essay to make up the total 40%?
That's okay, thank you for your help
Original post by studentmin
Thank you!

Another question - Do you know if Bristol weighs your LNAT based half on your MCQ and half on your essay to make up the total 40%?

@returnmigrant
Thank you!

Applications are scored and ranked with the overall weightings:
GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%

The LNAT grade used by the University is scored as:
60% multiple choice questions | 40% essay
Original post by returnmigrant
Applications are scored and ranked with the overall weightings:
GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%

The LNAT grade used by the University is scored as:
60% multiple choice questions | 40% essay

Thank you!!

Would you happen to know around what score one would need (on MCQ) to be considered at Bristol? I know this probably changes every year but just as a general idea?
The arbitio website has a page on what scores are wanted by where. Bristol is 26 if i remember correctly.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kryptonitekid43
The arbitio website has a page on what scores are wanted by where. Bristol is 26 if i remember correctly.

This is totally incorrect. Bristol has no LNAT 'cut-off' score.

Applications are scored as explained in my post above. Its the cumulative score that is ranked for offer, not just your LNAT score. Even if you looked at an average LNAT score it wouldnt tell you anything as its not considered in isolation.

I would have considered any MCQ above 30 as 'excellent', above 22 as 'good', below 15 as 'borderline', but obviously your overall LNAT score can be raised with a good essay score and your overall application score with a good score for academic profile.

Applications are scored as explained in my post above. Its the cumulative score that is ranked for offer, not just your LNAT score. Even if you looked at an average LNAT score it wouldnt tell you anything as its not considered in isolation.

I would have considered any MCQ above 30 as 'excellent', above 22 as 'good', below 15 as 'borderline', but obviously your overall LNAT score can be raised with a good essay score and your overall application score with a good score for academic profile.

Thank you for clearing it up. Have been confused about how they look at applications (especially regarding the LNAT) for a while now.
Thank you for clearing it up. Have been confused about how they look at applications (especially regarding the LNAT) for a while now.

Its all in the Admissions Statement - there is a link to it at the bottom of the course page on the Bristol website.

I wasn’t aware of this in such specifics. Thank you for explaining.
Bristol would take 24 25 on mcq
Original post by Emzie28
Bristol would take 24 25 on mcq

Have you actually read the posts above?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending