The Student Room Group

HOW can i motivate myself to revise, avoid distractions also how to revise??

HELP!!
Reply 1
Revise in a place that doesn't have your phone and/or laptop & get off TSR
Original post by 0114x
HELP!!

Hi there @0114x

As @Sinnoh says, if you struggle with distractions, then either remove them when you're revising or take yourself away from them instead (use a quiet room and leave your phone off and elsewhere and any wearable tech that alerts you to calls/texts etc too.

Revisionwise, my advice is always the same, find out what type of learner you are first, take a VARK test for this. This is the main point and don't study for more than 45 minutes at a time, so take regular breaks.

Study SMART Not Long: It much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinaesthetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

Fi :horse:
Original post by liverpool hope university
hi there @0114x

as @sinnoh says, if you struggle with distractions, then either remove them when you're revising or take yourself away from them instead (use a quiet room and leave your phone off and elsewhere and any wearable tech that alerts you to calls/texts etc too.

Revisionwise, my advice is always the same, find out what type of learner you are first, take a vark test for this. This is the main point and don't study for more than 45 minutes at a time, so take regular breaks.

Study smart not long: It much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying smart.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember vark. Are you a visual learner, audio learner, reading learner or kinaesthetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch tv. It’s important not to overdo revising.

Fi :horse:

thank you!!
Original post by 0114x
thank you!!

You are more than welcome!

If you have any other questions feel free to message us

Amy :biggrin:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
You are more than welcome!

If you have any other questions feel free to message us

Amy :biggrin:

I will!!