The Student Room Group
Hello Iv applied to do criminology with criminal justice at Portsmouth over a month ago and still haven’t received news back. However haven’t been rejected so still hopeful :smile:
Reply 2
That’s the course i’ve applied too! I’ve had an offer back last week for 120 Ucas points unless i accept them as my first choice in which they will change it to an unconditional. i’m sure you will hear back soon!
What are your predicted? And are you doing EPQ?
Reply 4
im predicted AAC and no i’m doing an AS in maths instead, when i applied to portsmouth they sent me an email and said they’d get back to me within 2 weeks so it’s weird they haven’t replied? what are you predicted?
Original post by LKFox12
That’s the course i’ve applied too! I’ve had an offer back last week for 120 Ucas points unless i accept them as my first choice in which they will change it to an unconditional. i’m sure you will hear back soon!

me too! but for criminology and forensic studies
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
me too! but for criminology and forensic studies

that’s cool! i’ve decided to go to Gloucestershire instead of portsmouth now because the uni is nicer😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
I’ve applied for criminology and criminal justice studies at Portsmouth and criminology at Gloucestershire too! Are you attending applicant/offer holder days?
Reply 8
Original post by fayee.
I’ve applied for criminology and criminal justice studies at Portsmouth and criminology at Gloucestershire too! Are you attending applicant/offer holder days?

which is your favourite at the moment? i’m like 99% sure i’m going to Gloucestershire it was just such a nicer campus and more friendly. I’ll be attending the Gloucestershire offer holder day probs won’t bother with Portsmouth as it’s too far and i’m pretty sure i’m not going there :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by fayee.

also feel free to add me on snapchat: lauren.foxx to chat about gloucestershire and i can add you to a group chat with people doing criminology and criminal justice at portsmouth if you would like :smile:
Reply 10
yeah that would be good, I’ll do it now! haven’t visited Portsmouth but going to applicant day in February. I really like Gloucestershire too, probably my number 1
I’ve received an offer for criminology with psychology! But I can’t make up my mind between Surrey or Portsmouth! Do you guys can tell me more?
Hi everyone!

Congratulations on all of your offers!

I'm currently a PhD student at Portsmouth and have been at the uni since 2011 doing my Bachelors, Masters and now PhD there.
My field wasn't Criminology I'm afraid, but if you have any questions about the University that I can help with, please go ahead and ask!

Best of luck to everyone for your courses!

Danielle - Official Student Rep :smile:
Hi! I was looking for the detailed modules regarding criminology with psychology. Even though the admission centre sent me the link, it didn’t provide all the subjects covered in a module.
Someone can pls help me?
If I had a more detailed and precise description I would finally firm! Thank you
Hi! I was looking for the detailed modules regarding criminology with psychology. Even though the admission centre sent me the link, it didn’t provide all the subjects covered in a module.
Someone can pls help me?
If I had a more detailed and precise description I would finally firm! Thank you

Hi!

I've spoken to some of my colleagues at the university and what they have suggested I advise you to do is to directly get in contact with the faculty, which you can do at this address: [email protected]

Alternatively, if you wanted to PM your email address, then I can email the faculty and cc you in with an explanation of the information that you were looking for!

I hope this helps!

Someone can pls help me?

Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

I've spoken to some of my colleagues at the university and what they have suggested I advise you to do is to directly get in contact with the faculty, which you can do at this address: [email protected]

Alternatively, if you wanted to PM your email address, then I can email the faculty and cc you in with an explanation of the information that you were looking for!

I hope this helps!

Hi! - again!

I've just had another thought that might also help...

You can check out the list of current modules on the course page here and then (I hope this works!) if you go to the University of Portsmouth library website, click on the 'Click to search Library resources' button in the top right corner, scroll down to 'Reading Lists' and in the search bar, type the name of the module title e.g. 'Introduction to Social Psychology' or 'Criminal Justice'. It should then give you the reading list for that course. If it gives you multiple results, just double check that you're clicking on the right module.

In some cases there will be explanations of the focus of the module and/or of the subjects that are studied each week. In other cases, this won't be there, but you might be able to look at the recommended reading and make an educated guess at the theme of each week. Worst-case scenario, it will just be a general list of books. But I thought this might be something you'd want to try looking at prior to emailing the faculty or sending us your email to email them!

I think it is also worth mentioning that course modules can and do change year to year depending on a variety of factors e.g. staff specialities, following contemporary research etc., so the existing course modules are an indication of the sorts of things you will study, but their structures may not be the same in future years (and I think this goes for any university).

Someone can pls help me?

Anyone applied to Notts or surrey
Im doing it now did you pick it??
No because it’s a poor choice of a degree

Latest

Trending

Trending