The Student Room Group

Guys keep flirting?

I'm in a relationship with a very beautiful girl. My girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous which attracted me in the first place. While I admit, I couldn't take my eyes off her either, I hate other guys for doing so.
We have been travelling quite a bit and certain incidents have really annoyed me.
For instance, while she was buying stuff from a shop in Santorini , some random guy approached her and literally asked her out. A similar thing happened when we were in Hydra when a guy told me that I'm lucky because she looks like an exotic angel. He even went ahead to say he wishes he was in my place.
Last week, I took her to Denmark (I from Denmark btw) and one of the boat guides remarked on her looks and kept saying I'm lucky.
Instances like this have happened multiple times.

I'm not upset with my gf because she actually dislikes being approached and doesnt like hearing such comments. I just feel insecure that other guys find her equally attractive and what if she finds someone attractive as well? I know she loves me because the amount of care and concern she shows for me is something I ve never experienced before.

How do I deal with this? By the way I'm not ugly or average looking. I'm quite attractive.
Tbh you sound like you need therapy. Because it's a free country there are no practical solutions except to talk to her about it: People are free to ask your Lady Friend on a date likewise shes free to say no.
Reply 2
Original post by Popsiclez
Tbh you sound like you need therapy. Because it's a free country there are no practical solutions except to talk to her about it: People are free to ask your Lady Friend on a date likewise shes free to say no.

Why do I need therapy? Shes my girlfriend not friend.
I wasn't trying to be derogatory you just sound insecure in your relationship especially since you felt the need to bring up your own looks at the end of your post to try and affirm your physical worth to your girlfriend, to us. I mean your girlfriend is rejecting people who are asking her on a date, so she clearly isnt entertaining the idea of cheating on you.

Had you been secure this post wouldnt have been created at all
I have no useful advice. Instead, here's some old music involving a guy with an eye patch.

Reply 5
Ignore @Popsiclez.

Honestly, it's the worst feeling in the world seeing guys try to take your girl because - like any decent and caring partner - you're possessive and protective of your gf. I've had similar instances and I literally tell them to **** off. It's not me choosing to do that, it should come as an instinctual response. It doesn't mean you're overly insecure (we're all insecure, let's face it), it just means you're willing to protect and defend the most precious thing in your life, and that should be your partner.

Bearing this in mind, my fiance thinks my jealousy and protectiveness is "hot", so I'm sure it differs from each girl. Some might think your possessiveness is a turn-off. What you need to do is literally talk to her and ask her about these things. The fact that you're coming on to an internet forum to ask total strangers means that you probably don't have the best communication ever, so go and ask her.
Original post by Joel 96
I've had similar instances and I literally tell them to **** off. It's not me choosing to do that, it should come as an instinctual response. It doesn't mean you're overly insecure (we're all insecure, let's face it),

If anything the OP should be ignoring you. Damaged shouldn't be fixing damaged.

Theres nothing wrong with admitting you're insecure, your masculinity will still be here come sunrise.
Reply 7
Original post by Popsiclez
If anything the OP should be ignoring you. Damaged shouldn't be fixing damaged.

Theres nothing wrong with admitting you're insecure, your masculinity will still be here come sunrise.

Pretty sure the OP doesn't want advice from a cuck who would be comfortable with other guys hitting on or talking to his gf.

I know the concept of relationships has changed a lot in the western world in the past few decades, but I just find it fascinating how you can downplay the OP's problems and come to the conclusion that he's just overly insecure and needs therapy. If you aren't a little insecure, or a little bit possessive in your relationship, then by all means... feel free to hang out with your wife's boyfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending