The Student Room Group

What was his deal? Mixed signals

Why would a guy give me mixed signals, glance, flirt with me, suggest to hang out but not make specific plans, be nice one day and mean/avoid me the next, and be hot&cold on text? Sometimes he'd flirt with my friend in front of me too. And say some weird stuff insinuating that I don't love him, is it some game/manipulation? Many times I felt like he was just stringing me along. On the other hand it makes no sense to me, to act interested and then cold back and forth with someone for a few months without any interest whatsoever. I got ****ed off, ignored him and went no contact, we don't talk anymore but I'm really curious and keep blaming myself because I'm a bit shy. I flirted with him back sometimes and showed some interest, I didn't say no when he suggested to meet so I don't understand. He looked like a nice quiet guy and seemed genuinely interested sometimes but maybe I'm actually a fool here. It's all so messed up. Maybe he was a narcissist, I wouldn't be surprised because who puts a person on an emotional roallercoaster like that.
Reply 1
Ask him.
If he wants to play mind games, I'm not sure it's a good use of your time to try and understand such odd behaviour.

You'll get nowhere.

And if you cannot understand it, internet strangers almost certainly aren't capable of doing so.
Reply 3
Seems like a playful, flirtatious guy seeing that he did the same with your friend..maybe you read into too much and took it as him actually liking you.

If you like him why don't you make moves?
Could be into mindgames and prone to bad moods when things don't go his way?
Or just a flirt looking for casual sex who tries his luck with every female compatible with his basic preferences, hoping that a few will be interested in a ons.
Reply 5
I am going through exactly same stiuation and I can comletely understand you. If he is sending you a complicating signals, just ignore him at least that is what I am gonna do. Life goes on, I can't worry myself over a boy who doesn't even know what he wants.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Why would a guy give me mixed signals, glance, flirt with me, suggest to hang out but not make specific plans, be nice one day and mean/avoid me the next, and be hot&cold on text? Sometimes he'd flirt with my friend in front of me too. And say some weird stuff insinuating that I don't love him, is it some game/manipulation? Many times I felt like he was just stringing me along. On the other hand it makes no sense to me, to act interested and then cold back and forth with someone for a few months without any interest whatsoever. I got ****ed off, ignored him and went no contact, we don't talk anymore but I'm really curious and keep blaming myself because I'm a bit shy. I flirted with him back sometimes and showed some interest, I didn't say no when he suggested to meet so I don't understand. He looked like a nice quiet guy and seemed genuinely interested sometimes but maybe I'm actually a fool here. It's all so messed up. Maybe he was a narcissist, I wouldn't be surprised because who puts a person on an emotional roallercoaster like that.

He wants casual sex it is obvious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending