The Student Room Group

English Lit A level coursework

I'm currently debating what to write about for my English lit coursework; I'm interested in love and ambition etc as factors that delude one's morals or sensibility, I'm already studying Great Expectations, The Great Gatsby and Othello and did Macbeth at GCSE so preferably something different?? Thank you!! :smile:
I was about to say Macbeth to be completely honest; (XD) however you could even do about 'An Inspector Calls' by J.B Priestley- you could talk about the ambition of capitalism in a society that has been tainted by war and the conflicts of morality and there is subtle themes of love within the play. You could perhaps do David Copperfield by Charles Dickens, I'm not as acquainted with this one but it certainly has themes of ambition, morality and social mobility. Or, if your comfortable with Shakespeare maybe even 'Romeo and Juliet.' Sorry I'm not much help. But maybe it will help with coming up with some ideas?
Original post by Cupcakes20040
I was about to say Macbeth to be completely honest; (XD) however you could even do about 'An Inspector Calls' by J.B Priestley- you could talk about the ambition of capitalism in a society that has been tainted by war and the conflicts of morality and there is subtle themes of love within the play. You could perhaps do David Copperfield by Charles Dickens, I'm not as acquainted with this one but it certainly has themes of ambition, morality and social mobility. Or, if your comfortable with Shakespeare maybe even 'Romeo and Juliet.' Sorry I'm not much help. But maybe it will help with coming up with some ideas?

Thank you!! I'll look into David Copperfield and perhaps Romeo and Juliet again. I did An Inspector Calls for GCSE also so probably won't use it but thanks anyway!
Original post by lucyyyyyy227
Thank you!! I'll look into David Copperfield and perhaps Romeo and Juliet again. I did An Inspector Calls for GCSE also so probably won't use it but thanks anyway!

No problem! Sorry about 'An Inspector Calls', but I'm glad I was of some help. XD.
a streetcar named desire, though its a play, has a lot about ambition/desire, the characters being deluded and love and all that jazz. are you doing OCR?
Reply 5
What genre do you like? I have a few.
Original post by lilTrain
a streetcar named desire, though its a play, has a lot about ambition/desire, the characters being deluded and love and all that jazz. are you doing OCR?

No I'm doing AQA and Streetcar as a part of the course lol cheers though x
Original post by Tolgarda
What genre do you like? I have a few.

Typically romance or tragedy but I'm not too bothered either way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending