The Student Room Group

Special Constable

Does anyone know what its like being a special constable as I am thinking of becoming one. Also I have anxiety so would I still be acceptable into becoming a special constable?
Reply 1
My anxiety has been diagnosed by my GP. I'm not receiving any treatment for my anxiety as I have had it under control for some time now. I dont really get panic attacks as such. Would this still limit my chances of becoming a special constable. I really wanted to get into this role but I heard each individual is dealt by a case by case basis.
Reply 2
Only thing is, the last time I went to my GP regarding my anxiety was earlier last year. So I don't know if that would effect my chances cos I suppose its still quite fresh; however I'd like to apply for the SC role later this year, obviously between now and then I dont know what will happen. I would love to become a police officer and help people hence why I want to test the waters and trial it out as a Special Constable first. Of course policing is a very challenging role and I know that the role can be dangerous as police officers are always putting their life on the line to protect the public. But this is something I'd like to do. The last thing I'd want is my anxiety to take over and put a member of public at risk especially if I'm at a crime scene. Are you or were you a police officer?
Reply 3
Original post by Zooey25
Does anyone know what its like being a special constable as I am thinking of becoming one. Also I have anxiety so would I still be acceptable into becoming a special constable?

Hey! I am currently a special! I had a few mental health things on my medical records and but the doctor still approved me as I’m all good now! Hope it’s all gone okay for you as I know this was some time ago!x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending