The Student Room Group

Does anyone know the themes for the AQA art 2020 exam

Just wondering what the themes for this years exam are, as I know they came out yesterday and I don't get them for another week

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The questions for the 2020 exam are only revealed on the day. Nobody knows them apart from the assessment writers.
Reply 2
Original post by Tolgarda
The questions for the 2020 exam are only revealed on the day. Nobody knows them apart from the assessment writers.

Yes but this is for art, that isnt the case, the exam paper came out yesterday with our 6 themes on it.
My teacher wont give us ours until February... FEBRUARY so if anyone has them I'd be more than happy (our 10 hour is March 27th and one in april)
Reply 4
I have moved this thread to the GCSE forum, which is more appropriate and may attract more and better-informed responses.
Theirs 7 themes 1. Crowds2. Rhythm3. Expression4. Paper5. Concealment6. Moving images7. Moments in time
Reply 6
wait how come you know so early ??
geometric, crowded ,concealment ,paper , moments in time ,out of the ordinary and rhythm
Just to say this is incorrect for 2020 fine art AQA, the correct set is given by xelissamullinus
Original post by johnmontogmery
Just to say this is incorrect for 2020 fine art AQA, the correct set is given by xelissamullinus

Not really because I literally got the exam board and topics on Monday . That’s what I’m saying ,Idk if it’s the same across the whole of U.K.
I got yours as well
However, tour's I art and design not fine art
Original post by 15JohnsonE
I got yours as well

Thank you.😅
Geometric, rhythm, out of the ordinary, concealment, moments in time, crowded, paper
Crowds, expression, concealment, paper, moment in time, moving images, rhythm
Crowded
Geometric
Concealment
Paper
Moments in time
Out of the ordinary
Rhythm
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
My word is ‘events’ however i don’t have a clue the exam board I am on. But this is for both art and photography at GCSE LEVEL : )) thé others are already up there though
Original post by spicedapples
My teacher wont give us ours until February... FEBRUARY so if anyone has them I'd be more than happy (our 10 hour is March 27th and one in april)

i got my theme and its "events"... what are you even meant to do for that???????????????
Reply 18
Original post by chiaraa_
i got my theme and its "events"... what are you even meant to do for that???????????????

I would focus on one specific events, e.g. Christmas. That way you can focus on a specific scene, e.g. for Christmas it would be maybe people giving each other gifts or something. Or you could take the name more broadly and do almost anything. E.g if u wanted to do cities you could focus on rush hour or if you wanted to do nature you could do the conflict between predator and prey. They do not mark you on how literally your theme fits the title - its just your starting point. The thing that matters is the quality of your work
Reply 19
This is correct for GCSE Fine Art AQA 2020. Fine art is not the same as Art & Design, just so people know how to avoid the confusion, as the themes across both are kinda similar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending