The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ailsmc
Yes I got word last week I think it was, I have my storytelling next Thursday

Congratulations, hope it all goes really well xxx
Can anyone give any storytelling tips please? Did anyone get feedback on what they were looking for? Much appreciated thanks
Reply 82
Original post by Stepconn
Can anyone give any storytelling tips please? Did anyone get feedback on what they were looking for? Much appreciated thanks

Hi, do you have your storytelling this week?☺️
Next Monday! U?
Reply 84
This Thursday...I’ll let you know how I get on sure!
I’d appreciate that! Feels like there isn’t much info regarding what they’re looking for from the storytelling part. Seems to differ from post to post! Good luck!
How did it go @ailsmc?
Reply 87
Original post by Stepconn
How did it go @ailsmc?

Shoot only seeing this now, sorry! I didn’t think it had went great at the time because I forgot a line towards the end and had to be prompted, recovered okay though, I’d say it was down to nerves as I had been panicking so much about it, heard last week that I had got through to the interview stage though so they must’ve seen some potential! How did you get on?
Original post by helloteacher
No there are no residentials for the primary course, but there is for the secondary.

On your first day of the course you will complete regiatration in the morning, get your student card etc. and in the afternoon you will go and meet your tutors and class. The next day you are straight into intense teaching!

I'm currently a student on the course (7 weeka to go thank god!!!!) If you have ANY questions about the course please do not hesitate to ask.

Trust me when I say this year is going to be the hardest year of your life and I am not exaggerating. You have to make so many sacrifices for this course - the PGCE comes first! The workload is intense and it never eases up, even over Easter, I am still flat put with work. You just have to keep your head down and keep powering on!

Hi I’ve applied for the course this year and got through to the second stage! My interview is next week! Was just wondering if you have any tips for the math exam/ the formal interview!

Really want to get in this year!
Reply 89
Original post by Katrinarose7
Hi I’ve applied for the course this year and got through to the second stage! My interview is next week! Was just wondering if you have any tips for the math exam/ the formal interview!

Really want to get in this year!

I also have mine next week, would really love some tips for the formal interview as I am not sure how to go about preparing
Reply 90
Anyone know when we find out if we get accepted onto the course? Had 2nd interview yesterday 😉 hate this waiting game 😏
Reply 91
I was there yesterday too and no clue when we find out. Would love to know.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 92
What did you think of it? 🙈
Reply 93
Original post by Sq146
What did you think of it? 🙈

It wasn't too bad. I just keep thinking oh I should have said this, torturing myself. It is hard to know how you've done.The exam was alright, few things I haven't done in years mind you. What about you?
Reply 94
Original post by Ciara29
It wasn't too bad. I just keep thinking oh I should have said this, torturing myself. It is hard to know how you've done.The exam was alright, few things I haven't done in years mind you. What about you?

Yes I was the exact same like darn should have said it! It’s the waiting game that’s most annoying 🙄🙄
Reply 95
Hi, I was there for my interview yesterday as well, I meant to ask when they’d let us know but completely forgot in the stress of being in there😂
Hey everyone! I also had my interview during the week...hope we get word soon🤞🏼 but probably won’t be for a few weeks!
Reply 97
Original post by Megs1404
Hey everyone! I also had my interview during the week...hope we get word soon🤞🏼 but probably won’t be for a few weeks!

Yeah I’d imagine a few weeks...nerve wracking stuff!😩
I’ll just constantly be checking my emails😂 we’ve given it our all and it’s a great achievement to get this far!
Reply 99
Original post by Megs1404
I’ll just constantly be checking my emails😂 we’ve given it our all and it’s a great achievement to get this far!

Exactly...I was told only 20% of those who did the storytelling got through to the interview stage so we’ve done well😂

Latest

Trending

Trending