The Student Room Group

Charterhouse entrance Exams

Next week, I'm sitting the entrance exams for A-Level / IB Course in Charterhouse college.
I heard that these exams are hard, and wanted to ask if anybody has previous with such exams and can share his previous experience. My subjects are: Physics, German Literature, English and Math.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2913128
Next week, I'm sitting the entrance exams for A-Level / IB Course in Charterhouse college.
I heard that these exams are hard, and wanted to ask if anybody has previous with such exams and can share his previous experience. My subjects are: Physics, German Literature, English and Math.

How did you get on?
Hi there--I read your post fabt the entrance tests for charterhouse. I'm taking them next month. Woudl it be possible for you to tell me how /what they were--especially English--I know it has been a while for you but I wasn't sure as to whether the English paper is only vocabulary or whether vocabulary is part of it. I would truly appreciate any insight. Many thanks.

Original post by 2913128
Yes, vocab is important. Charterhouse especially looks for students that are above intermedia standards at English. I am personally a student at Charterhouse.
(Original post by SAKURAFOAM)Yes, vocab is important. Charterhouse especially looks for students that are above intermedia standards at English. I am personally a student at Charterhouse.

Hi, I’m a student overseas from China. I’m only taking IB course for a year, and I’m wanting to get into Charterhouse. I don’t know if my English is ok or not. I’m at phase 4 of IB program now, and I just achieved a 7 in this semester. I’m wondering what will be on the entrance exam, and how can I prepare for it. I was planning to take chemistry, biology, maths and English in A-level or pre-u. I’ve never learned any subjects of GCSE.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi, I am currently studying IB at Charterhouse. Feel free to pm me about any questions you may have regarding any entrance exams, etc.
Original post by 2913128

I’m doing mine next week how did you did them ?
Reply 7
Original post by mef7189
Hi, I am currently studying IB at Charterhouse. Feel free to pm me about any questions you may have regarding any entrance exams, etc.

Hi, I'm going to take the entrance exam next week. I am going to take maths and physics, and art scholarship. In the physics test, will there be any multiple-choice questions or any required practical? Is it hard? I'm quite nervous, are you able to help me, many thanks
Original post by LisaWang
Hi, I'm going to take the entrance exam next week. I am going to take maths and physics, and art scholarship. In the physics test, will there be any multiple-choice questions or any required practical? Is it hard? I'm quite nervous, are you able to help me, many thanks

Same 🥺
Reply 9

Heya, I'm not sure about physics, because I took chemistry and biology as my subjects, but from what I recall when I did my entrance exams in bio and chem they did have some questions based off of the core practicals. So, if physics is similar, I would go over the core pracs just in case. I think as long as you have a basic GCSE knowledge of the subject you should be fine, and I don't think there was any multiple choice questions for biology, but there were a few for chemistry, but again I didn't do physics for the common entrance exams. Best of luck and I hope you do well

I also did the entrance exam
Did u get in? I am going next year x
Reply 11
Original post by lolawjnsjdnkbd
I also did the entrance exam
Did u get in? I am going next year x

you'll be fine :smile: i am currently here in first year. if you have any questions or queries, feel free to pm me :smile:
Original post by mef7189
you'll be fine :smile: i am currently here in first year. if you have any questions or queries, feel free to pm me :smile:

xxx I heard that there r some drug problems? Is it big?
Reply 13
xxx I heard that there r some drug problems? Is it big?

no I don't think there is any drug problems here as far as i am aware. so no need to worry xx
Original post by mef7189
no I don't think there is any drug problems here as far as i am aware. so no need to worry xx

okkkkk thank you so much! I heard loads of rumours about rich schools:redface:
Original post by mef7189

okkkkk thank you so much! I heard loads of rumours about rich schools:redface:

Are you going next year ???
yup
yup

I’m on waiting list
Original post by 3GEORGE3
I’m on waiting list

ohhh good luck but I the deposit deadline was December 13th so u should get a response soon x
At least you didn't get rejected directly, which some of my friends did... It was really competitive this year as 600 got invited to interview. 200 got interviewed in Hong Kong and 400 at Charterhouse, Hope you receive your place soon!
(edited 4 years ago)
Yup 👍 did you go for a scholarship or bursary ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending