The Student Room Group

Mature students nursing applications

Hi

Wondering if there are any other 30+ applicants for nursing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
the wife was with 6 children, its tougher than the single young ones but you also have life experience.
Reply 2
Im 35, hoping to start nursing in september 2020
Reply 3
just go for it. 35 is young you will have nearly 30 years of nursing ahead after you qualify.
Reply 4
Original post by uwslaura28
Hi

Hi, I'm 38! And just applied for children's nursing in sept.

Go for it! I've put it off many times but I still want it so much that I'm just going for it! Good luck
Original post by Marina_w
Im 35, hoping to start nursing in september 2020

Don't worry about age as long as you are capable of doing the job that counts.

I had three or four ladies nearly coming upto there 50th when they started with myself for midwifing course in 2016 and they passed last summer and the younger ones struggled with the coursework.

Just be positive about doing being a nurse at the end of the training ok.
Reply 6
Original post by Hm518
Hi, I'm 38! And just applied for children's nursing in sept.

I just turned 38 too, which is why I've decided to go for it

Go for it! I've put it off many times but I still want it so much that I'm just going for it! Good luck

I'm 38 too, and have applied for adult nursing for September. Nervous about studying again, especially with children
Reply 7
Really hope we are all accepted for start in september👍
Hi

I’m not applying but I’m on my first year of mental health nursing and I’m 41 ! I really didn’t think I would get in but I did, good luck x
Reply 9
Original post by Mollymoo1
I’m not applying but I’m on my first year of mental health nursing and I’m 41 ! I really didn’t think I would get in but I did, good luck x

Mollymoo1, how are you finding it? What uni are you at? What is your timetable like?
Mollymoo1, how are you finding it? What uni are you at? What is your timetable like?

I’m actually doing the apprenticeship scheme so employed by my local hospital and studying through the Open uni, we are on placement 30 hrs a week and have one day to study.. placements have been pretty flexible about days/shifts and great experiences so far which will defo help with my studies.. it’s really good pay and no debt at the end ! Just had to sign a contract to say I will stay with the trust for at least 4 yrs after qualifying
im 49 and starting adult nursing sept 2020 this year at salford uni
Original post by myrtlemanc
im 49 and starting adult nursing sept 2020 this year at salford uni

Well done you
Hi

Wondering if there are any other 30 applicants for nursing?

Hi, I will be 29 when I start (if I get in). I’m just wondering if you have applied and if so, have you received an offer?. I applied to UClan last week and I’m worried I won’t get in because I left college so long ago and I don’t have any medical experience.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Katiejoanne2
Hi, I will be 29 when I start (if I get in). I’m just wondering if you have applied and if so, have you received an offer?. I applied to UClan last week and I’m worried I won’t get in because I left college so long ago and I don’t have any medical experience.

What your experience? They like mature student, i applied on 10th of january, no news yet
What your experience? They like mature student, i applied on 10th of january, no news yet

I’ve got work experience in customer service and telecommunications. I’ve worked full time since 17 so hopefully they will take that in to account. Hopefully we hear something soon (fingers crossed)
I’ve got work experience in customer service and telecommunications. I’ve worked full time since 17 so hopefully they will take that in to account. Hopefully we hear something soon (fingers crossed)

Ofcourse it will take in to account, goodluck hun, which uni you are applying to? Have you got all the requirement? When was your recent study? Whatever it will take in to account,
Ofcourse it will take in to account, goodluck hun, which uni you are applying to? Have you got all the requirement? When was your recent study? Whatever it will take in to account,

Thank you 😊. I have the right about of tariff points but my most recent study was 11 years ago.
Thank you 😊. I have the right about of tariff points but my most recent study was 11 years ago.

And good luck to you too.
I've applied as a mature student as well. I will be 28 if I get accepted for entry this year. It's so nervewracking waiting for responses - I know I'll get an email once UCAS is updated with anything but that doesn't stop me checking it multiple times a day just in case haha!

Where has everyone applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending