The Student Room Group

Manchester college access to medicine, pharmacy snd dentistry

I’ve just had a conditional offer to start this year, feb, has anyone else done this course of starting and has any advice? I didn’t think I met the requirements but I’ve had the email saying I’ve got an offer?
Hello,

Congrats I did the course last year and I am now doing dentistry at Uni of Liv. The course is now only Biology, Maths and Chemistry where as last year we did Physics with it too, so count yourself lucky :smile: Are you applying for med or den?
Reply 2
Original post by MedicineMaybe
Hello,

Congrats I did the course last year and I am now doing dentistry at Uni of Liv. The course is now only Biology, Maths and Chemistry where as last year we did Physics with it too, so count yourself lucky :smile: Are you applying for med or den?

Med, is it all combined into one route and you choose after or do you have to choose before hand? Was your offer conditional or uncon?
Original post by KirstyLou1
Med, is it all combined into one route and you choose after or do you have to choose before hand? Was your offer conditional or uncon?

If you’re doing the course all offers are conditional dependent on you getting all distinctions. I started in September and then applied to uni next month in October . No it isn’t combined
Reply 4
Original post by MedicineMaybe
If you’re doing the course all offers are conditional dependent on you getting all distinctions. I started in September and then applied to uni next month in October . No it isn’t combined

Oh okay so you choose pharmacy medicine or dentistry? They only let you pick one? Is that at enrolment? I just got an email saying I’ve been accepted onto that course and it’s a conditional offer so I don’t actually know whether I’m going to be able to do it or not
Original post by KirstyLou1
Oh okay so you choose pharmacy medicine or dentistry? They only let you pick one? Is that at enrolment? I just got an email saying I’ve been accepted onto that course and it’s a conditional offer so I don’t actually know whether I’m going to be able to do it or n

You are only allowed to apply for one degree as they are very competitive medicine and dentistry are anyway. You only get 4 unis to apply to as well unlike other degrees where it is 5 universities. In my year only 2 of us got into dentistry and 4 got into medicine so that showed how competitive it is. You apply to university based on the UCAS deadline so you will be able to apply for university before the deadline October 15th 2020, it is the same date and month every year. Once you complete your personal statement the head of department who was Nigel will give his reference to the university and then he will submit your application. So as you are starting in February you can apply in October but not sure when your course finishes as I started in September.

As for the course offer to do the Access course, if your offer to do the access course is Conditional , do you not have all your GCSE's did they say what the condition was? Mine was conditional as I was doing my Maths GCSE and so had to get the B before my offer was made unconditional. Once I got my grade in August couple of years ago I then took all my certificates to enrolment.
Reply 6
Original post by sash08
I will be starting this course too, in feb. Going to be enrolling Monday.
Was apprehensive if medical schools accepted this course but I think they do alongside all other requirements

Yeah I’m going in on Monday as well was your offer conditional or unconditional?

Quick Reply

Latest