The Student Room Group

Uni at home

hey so my partents want me to stay at home for university. due to the fact I won't get much money. i try to convince so I really don't want "it's your life stuff". anyway, if you done uni at home and you had to travel like 30 minutes, then what is it like. did you enjoy it. any advice is great, other advice is about earning money too.
When you commute to university as long as you make the most of opportunities that arise you'll have the best time! Nights out can be great and because you will need a place to stay you get to know people better. My friends houses have become my second home! Also it allows you to make the most of time between lectures, go to the library and do work, go get things from town or just be with friends. Then once you are back home, just take the time to CHILL.
Original post by florencemary
When you commute to university as long as you make the most of opportunities that arise you'll have the best time! Nights out can be great and because you will need a place to stay you get to know people better. My friends houses have become my second home! Also it allows you to make the most of time between lectures, go to the library and do work, go get things from town or just be with friends. Then once you are back home, just take the time to CHILL.

Nice, I glad you had a positive experience. thank you for reassuring me 👍.
My brother stayed at home during uni and enjoyed it, he's fairly introverted but he still made new friends and stayed out fairly often - I don't think it limited him really maybe you've just gotta make sure you put a bit more effort into getting to know people
Original post by AngelGamerXx
Nice, I glad you had a positive experience. thank you for reassuring me 👍.

Good luck with it all!
Reply 5
Which university?
Original post by ajj2000
Which university?

Brighton University for Biomedical. thankfully it's pretty good for my course.
Reply 7
Brighton University for Biomedical. thankfully it's pretty good for my course.

Cool - and only half an hour away? Is that by bus or walking?
Original post by ajj2000
Cool - and only half an hour away? Is that by bus or walking?

Train. there is a direct train every hour or I just have to change at Lewes, which comes every half hour.
Reply 9
Train. there is a direct train every hour or I just have to change at Lewes, which comes every half hour.

Its worth posting on the specific university forum, and looking through past posts to see if you can contact people living at home who go to Brighton Uni.
Original post by ajj2000
Its worth posting on the specific university forum, and looking through past posts to see if you can contact people living at home who go to Brighton Uni.

Will do, maybe I find others who might be in my course. I just wanted to post here to get a general opinion. thanks anyways 💖
Original post by moonswooning
My brother stayed at home during uni and enjoyed it, he's fairly introverted but he still made new friends and stayed out fairly often - I don't think it limited him really maybe you've just gotta make sure you put a bit more effort into getting to know people

Ah ok thank you. yeah I just make sure I go to all the events and try my hardest to make friends. maybe in my 2nd year I could go into a share house if I have enough money by then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending