The Student Room Group

Daily Mindfulness Tip // Mental Health

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obolinda
Sorry for the missed updates! 😔

You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. If you accept yourself for who you are, you'll make people happy by just being around them. 👥

Don’t worry yourself about missing a few days here and there.
I really like this one 😊
Acknowledge that your thoughts and emotions don't define you. 🙈

99% of people (inc. myself) don't realise this.
Pause for a second before you respond to a text/message/email you've received. Do the same thing before you hit "send" on one you've written. 🤳
Write a list of the top 5 things in your life that bring you joy. 📝
Pause for a second before you respond to a text/message/email you've received. Do the same thing before you hit "send" on one you've written. 🤳

So important !!!
If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. (well, it's a bit more complex than this. But hopefully you get the gist!)

Marcus Aurelius
If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. (well, it's a bit more complex than this. But hopefully you get the gist!)

Marcus Aurelius

👍👍
If we put too much effort into mindfulness it will make us physically and mentally tense. It’s much better to relax and enjoy the present moment.
If we put too much effort into mindfulness it will make us physically and mentally tense. It’s much better to relax and enjoy the present moment.

Needed this!
Original post by WhisperWillow
Needed this!

thanks for being so supportive!
thanks for being so supportive!

I like your thread and wanna make sure you know it’s being seen! Even if it won’t let me rep you.
(edited 4 years ago)

Advice like this is really helpful, I’m currently feeling a lot of stress due to mocks and GCSEs etc, it’s so important to relax and look after mental health as well :smile:
Mindfulness can be difficult, especially in the beginning. It’s hard to stop thoughts from wandering, and it’s easy to get impatient with ourselves, but don’t. Be gentle on yourself. If you admit that mindfulness is a new skill you’re learning, then you might be more patient with yourself. Every time you feel yourself becoming impatient just gently bring your focus back to your body or breath or a physical object.
Mindfulness can be difficult, especially in the beginning. It’s hard to stop thoughts from wandering, and it’s easy to get impatient with ourselves, but don’t. Be gentle on yourself. If you admit that mindfulness is a new skill you’re learning, then you might be more patient with yourself. Every time you feel yourself becoming impatient just gently bring your focus back to your body or breath or a physical object.

Thanks for this, Obo. Sometimes it feels like one's a failure if one doesn't find mindfulness easy, or it doesn't come naturally :colondollar:
When you are in the shower, notice if your mind is skipping ahead to work and the day ahead. If it is, try to bring it back to the present moment. If you bring your attention back to your senses, the smell of soap, the sensation of water, the sound. This will bring you back to the now, and stop any worries taking over your morning.
When you are in the shower, notice if your mind is skipping ahead to work and the day ahead. If it is, try to bring it back to the present moment. If you bring your attention back to your senses, the smell of soap, the sensation of water, the sound. This will bring you back to the now, and stop any worries taking over your morning.

thank you for this:hugs:
Mindfulness meditation

This type of meditation is about observing any wandering thoughts without judging them or getting involved. It’s harder than it sounds but gets easier with practice. When performed throughout a day it can greatly relieve stress
Mindfulness meditation

This type of meditation is about observing any wandering thoughts without judging them or getting involved. It’s harder than it sounds but gets easier with practice. When performed throughout a day it can greatly relieve stress

Prsom :hugs:
How have I never seen this before?!
Original post by Greywolftwo
How have I never seen this before?!

:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest