The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Language Paper 1 and 2 Revision and Study Chat

Scroll to see replies

for paper two how can I get full marks on q5
Original post by hrahman7908
for paper two how can I get full marks on q5

Write effectively and don't make mistakes.
Any recommendations of apps etc for revision would be highly Appreciated
Original post by Harryallo
Any recommendations of apps etc for revision would be highly Appreciated

I personally purely used mr bruff to revise and managed to do really well, I also did loads of paper as some people find the timed conditions tight and you don’t want to run out of time.
Original post by MoonlightTiger16
I personally purely used mr bruff to revise and managed to do really well, I also did loads of paper as some people find the timed conditions tight and you don’t want to run out of time.

Thank you I just really struggle with English Language. 😥
Original post by Harryallo
Thank you I just really struggle with English Language. 😥

Don’t worry I did at first, I just managed to remember how to unpick the question and the key points to include, for me it helped to write them down as soon as I got the paper. In the exam I also timed, just using mr bruff I managed to go up 4 grades, so you can too.
Original post by MoonlightTiger16
Don’t worry I did at first, I just managed to remember how to unpick the question and the key points to include, for me it helped to write them down as soon as I got the paper. In the exam I also timed, just using mr bruff I managed to go up 4 grades, so you can too.

Thank you
Just to let you guys know i've merged a few conversations that were talking about this exam! :smile:
It's not that hard. I got a 9 and that isn't happening to me. It's just about how much work you put in.
Anyone mid looking at this q5 and giving it a mark out of 40 thanks

Q5) “Cars are noisy, dirty, smelly and downright dangerous. They should be banned from all towns and city centers, allowing people to walk and cycle in peace.”

Write a letter to the Minister for transport arguing your point of view on this statement

To whom it may concern,
I am of the strongly advised opinion that the use of cars has allowed the multiple working sectors of today's society to explode into something which has brought forth massive economic, social and environmental value. Is banning cars really an option?

Since the concept and development of the car, in 1956, the number of jobs available in the transport industry has multiplied two-fold. One cannot start to imagine the multitude of problems the banning of cars will give birth to. Perhaps as a country, we are inching closer to a greener and more sustainable area, but can you possibly think our society can thrive without our number one transport method?

It is usually the topic debated most at meetings concerning climate change; the disastrous problems that these rusty engines cause when the ignition key brings them to life. On average, they produce 14 metric tonnes of waste and 300 parts per million (ppm) of the deathly gas, otherwise known as carbon dioxide. One might argue that fault lies in the designs of the flawed model but as a previous engineer for BMW, I can assure you that this is not the case. Humans, we are the real problem. Instead of banning cars, I suggest promoting a healthier mode of transport - walking. Not only is it beneficial to the beloved planet which we inhabit, but it also brings forth a healthier method of living for the participant. A study by Nottingham Universities department of biology proved it to:
Increase cognitive capabilities by up to 15%
Decrease stress levels by up to 32%
Decrease the chance of heart-related diseases by up to 27%
Increase the levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine released in our brain by up to 53%
I urge you to consider all the health benefits this simple action provides.

Without a car, only 6% of our country would be able to travel to work. Can you begin to fathom what your actions could cause? The economy of our country would collapse, there will be mass rioting and the thriving of our technology will diminish to nothing.

Finally, to conclude, the banning of cars is not an option. It provides millions of jobs and is a way of life for some unfortunate others. It would be as if a grown man was stealing candy from a baby. I am certain that you would not want this to be the case. Instead, I advise you to consider alternatives to aid the reduction of the impacts on the climate. Simply put, banning cars is not an option! I assure you that together, we can fix this problem

Your reputable advisor,
(Pizzaman2989)
18+8. Clear communication. Vocabulary chosen for effect. Attempts to use a range of punctuation. Avoid cliches: 'candy from a baby' really jars. 26/40. Grade 6 - seems fair enough.
Original post by Criisii
I did my mocks in November and I did only Language mocks. My results were as follows.

I got in P1: Q1 = 4/4, Q2 = 8/8, Q3 = 7/8, Q4 = 18/20, Q5 = 37/40.

I got in P2: Q1 = 3/4, Q2 = 3/8, Q3 = 12/12, Q4 = 16/16, Q5 = 36/40

I know in Q2 for Paper 2 I didn't get as high in terms of marks but this was due to a lack of time to complete it, and I did manage to get 8/8 in the same form of a question in Paper 1. I do not mean to boast, just looking to help people who need it as I understand how it feels to struggle with something. Also in Q1 for Paper 2 I made a silly mistake which I have now learned from. If you have any questions just ask me (:

I got grade 5's... I am apparently capable of grade 8's but i just can't get my head around the structure of all the questions... please help!!!
Original post by Jade2019
I got grade 5's... I am apparently capable of grade 8's but i just can't get my head around the structure of all the questions... please help!!!

Sorry for the late reply, check my tiktok @maybehiba lol because I post revision videos specific to english there (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending