The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fuego1
sorry but how is homosexuality a 'belief'???

you're either a homosexual or you're not

Belief. Meaning that you believe something is right. Homosexuals believe being gay is okay, others don't. These are beliefs/opinions and people have the right to them as long as they are not committing crimes on these beliefs.

Edit - Duplicate post, thought the other one didn't post so just ignore this one.
Original post by Capitalist_Lamb
Belief also means what you believe in. You believe that being a homosexual is right, whereas some others don't. These are beliefs/opinions and people have the right to them, even if others don't agree.

There is no right or wrong to be had, people do not choose to be gay they simply are.
Original post by princetonalec
First of all, the people are the religion because religion is vernacular and often ceases to exist without practitioners? Again, a very basic understanding.
Two, I spoke about racial and caste based discrimination in my initial post you replied to? So...

1. You still don't understand (or refuse to accept) the difference between Islam and Muslims
2. To say 'preferring lighter tones' is an Islamic problem is absolute garbage
3. You didn't answer the point about India and discrimination
4. You didn't counter a single point I made

Next time, to avoid making such a fool out of yourself, don't make senseless, sweeping comments on a topic you have no clue about, just to support your arguments elsewhere.
Captain lamb, if i said I don't want my child being taught that it's okay to be black, is that not surely saying that I don't think it's okay to be black. Have some common sense.
Reply 84
Belief also means what you believe in. You believe that being a homosexual is right, whereas some others don't. These are beliefs/opinions and people have the right to them, even if others don't agree.

wrong. you are either a homosexual or you are not. it is not a 'belief'.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
There is no right or wrong to be had, people do not choose to be gay they simply are.

I agree that people don't choose to be gay but there may be other factors that affect this but let's not digress. The fact is, yes people don't choose to be gay and this father said that is fine, he doesn't care, just that he doesn't want this to be taught to his son.
Reply 86
Original post by SaraS786
1. You still don't understand (or refuse to accept) the difference between Islam and Muslims

Next time, to avoid making such a fool out of yourself, don't make senseless, sweeping comments on a topic you have no clue about, just to support your arguments elsewhere.

what does islam say about someone who is openly homosexual and does this fuel the stance held by the father?
I agree that people don't choose to be gay but there may be other factors that affect this but let's not digress. The fact is, yes people don't choose to be gay and this father said that is fine, he doesn't care, just that he doesn't want this to be taught to his son.

He also said he doesn't want his child to be taught its okay to be gay, meaning he doesn't think being gay is okay. This man is clearly homophobic.
Original post by Fuego1
wrong. you are either a homosexual or you are not. it is not a 'belief'.

I never said that you choose to be a homosexual so I don't know where you pulled that from. I said homosexuals believe that its okay to be homosexual and some people believe it's not. These are opinions.
Reply 89

The father clearly does care and has an issue with homosexuality if he doesn't want his kid to be involved is lessons stop trying to defend someone with backward and intolerant ways of thinking
Original post by SaraS786

? ????? ? Sorry if I hit a nerve by pointing out that, yes, both Islam and Muslims can be racist (need we bring up the slavery within UaE).
also I did bring up in my first message (as previously mentioned) the fact that Hinduism reinforces the caste system, which as anyone who knows anytbing aboug the caste system is based on perceived relationship to the Aryan people who came to India.
You just seem angry, dude. Calm down and read my responses, I have addressed the things you think I haven't.

And as I have said his son doesn't have to be if he is home schooled, as is his right.

Parents do not dictate the national curriculum nor do they dictate the law such as the Equality Act 2010.
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
He also said he doesn't want his child to be taught its okay to be gay, meaning he doesn't think being gay is okay. This man is clearly homophobic.

So if he doesn't agree with homosexuality he's a homophobe. But if someone doesn't agree with parts of his beliefs it's fine.
Reply 93
In islam, what is the punishment for homosexuality?
I don’t know why schools are so eager to teach this stuff instead of important stuff. Telling children what they should believe in at school is wrong. Children need to decide for themselves since acceptance of lgbt people cannot be forced, it should be learnt through experiences and interactions
Original post by Fuego1

I think I know this one, eternal damnation and hellfire.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
And as I have said his son doesn't have to be if he is home schooled, as is his right.

Parents do not dictate the national curriculum nor do they dictate the law such as the Equality Act 2010.

This is kinda starting to sound like religious segregation which I'm guessing yours against. Segregating people based on beliefs, okay. Instead maybe they should just allow the parents to decide what they want their child to hear on this subject.
Original post by princetonalec
? ????? ? Sorry if I hit a nerve by pointing out that, yes, both Islam and Muslims can be racist (need we bring up the slavery within UaE).
also I did bring up in my first message (as previously mentioned) the fact that Hinduism reinforces the caste system, which as anyone who knows anytbing aboug the caste system is based on perceived relationship to the Aryan people who came to India.
You just seem angry, dude. Calm down and read my responses, I have addressed the things you think I haven't.

Please explain how 'both Islam and Muslims can be racist'. How can Islam be racist when you yourself admitted that Islam condemns racism? I'm very interested in hearing your answer for this.

You're the one who needs to calm down because you're not thinking straight (pun not intended :rofl: ). Don't break your keyboard, relax. Btw, you still haven't answered anything :rofl:
So if he doesn't agree with homosexuality he's a homophobe. But if someone doesn't agree with parts of his beliefs it's fine.

If he doesn't agree that being gay is acceptable, that to me is homophobic. But it's different from not accepting someone's natural way of life and disagreeing with someone's ideology. If you can't see that I won't discuss this further because we will just go round in circles.

Bottom line is, if he doesn't like it, he can homeschool his child.
Original post by Fuego1

On a textual level you would end up in hell, but since Allah loves all his creations everyone would be forgiven eventually no matter the sin.
You do get people who kill gay men, claiming textual support, but I personally haven't seen this. To be fair though I exclusively did eschatology. I haven't read the Bible either, only revelations.

Latest

Trending

Trending