The Student Room Group

Tories order councils to fly union jack on Prince Andrew's birthday

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I mean it's more that there shouldn't be a state-sanctioned celebration of a kiddy-fiddler but sure. Also, I don't hate Britain, I hate the English. Huge difference and the fact that you conflate the two so easily is a big indicator as to why no-one likes the English.

Aww that's alright then! You just hate the English and are so bigoted you think, and I quote, no-one likes the English.
The government have backed down. Councils no longer have to fly the flag for Prince Andrew.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/07/prince-andrew-birthday-royal-flag-councils

This was an obvious attempt by the Palace and the Johnson government (Johnson is related to the royal family) to commence the public rehabilitation of Epstein's friend and regular guest. It demonstrates the utter contempt that both Palace and government officials in the Tory administration have for the intelligence of the public.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The government have backed down. Councils no longer have to fly the flag for Prince Andrew.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/07/prince-andrew-birthday-royal-flag-councils

This was an obvious attempt by the Palace and the Johnson government (Johnson is related to the royal family) to commence the public rehabilitation of Epstein's friend and regular guest. It demonstrates the utter contempt that both Palace and government officials in the Tory administration have for the intelligence of the public.

How is Johnson related to the royal family?
Original post by Wired_1800
How is Johnson related to the royal family?

He's a descendant of George II and the Queen's 6th cousin twice removed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson#Ancestors_and_siblings
I have to say, I really can see anything of the sort @Fullofsurprises, but I also cant tell you how many $**** I dont give about the blood blooded tax scroungers.

Wave a flag or not, the only bit of royal news I'll celebrate is the end of the royal families tax payer funded gravey train.

Oh wow, i did not know that. I guess we know where his allegiance lies.

Oh wow, i did not know that. I guess we know where his allegiance lies.

Not really a wow. Nearly everyone is connected to them if you go back far enough. The kings who reigned between the eleventh and fifteenth centuries are known to have had over forty illegitimate children and far more legitimate ones of course. Edward III is estimated to have over four million descendants and nearly everyone of British descent is connected to him.
Original post by Good bloke
Not really a wow. Nearly everyone is connected to them if you go back far enough. The kings who reigned between the eleventh and fifteenth centuries are known to have had over forty illegitimate children and far more legitimate ones of course. Edward III is estimated to have over four million descendants and nearly everyone of British descent is connected to him.

Yes, i am familiar with that historical fact. It is something that is “known” but you dont realise that someone can have a clear claim to being related to the monarch. For example, Danny Dyer (Eastenders) apparently is related to the Queen but was ignored by Prince Charles when Dyer mentioned it.
A Pedo Prince is still a Prince.
Danny Dyer (Eastenders) apparently is related to the Queen but was ignored by Prince Charles when Dyer mentioned it.

Charles is known to be a bit strange but even he is not going to attach any importance to such a thing.
Multiple media are reporting that the Tory minister for Housing has circulated an email to local authorities ordering them to fly the flag for Prince Andrew's birthday on 19th Feb.

The message was sent by civil servant Matt Stevenson private secretary to Dame Melanie Dawes, 53, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

It's quite stunning and more than a bit sick that the authorities are so immune to self-reflection when it comes to the royal family.

Goodness knows what the email said, but the Government was never in a position to order local authorities around over what flags they fly.
Original post by nulli tertius
Goodness knows what the email said, but the Government was never in a position to order local authorities around over what flags they fly.

All the stranger then. I wonder if this came down from a nervous Palace hack?
Charles is known to be a bit strange but even he is not going to attach any importance to such a thing.

That is his relation...
HRH The Duke of York has not been convicted of any offence. Clearly he is a plonker, but that is not a crime afaik.
That is his relation...

He almost certainly has closer relations employed somewhere on his Duchy staff without knowing it. You are seriously calling on someone to acknowledge that his degree of affinity is just like that of four million others in the country? You think that is in some way special?
He almost certainly has closer relations employed somewhere on his Duchy staff without knowing it. You are seriously calling on someone to acknowledge that his degree of affinity is just like that of four million others in the country? You think that is in some way special?

It is not special but it should have been acknowledged. The article claimed that Charles walked awkwardly away after Dyer mentioned their connection.
It is not special but it should have been acknowledged. The article claimed that Charles walked awkwardly away after Dyer mentioned their connection.

It should? That he is one of four million? Your concept of special differs from mine.
It should? That he is one of four million? Your concept of special differs from mine.

That is fine. I think a polite nod or smile may have done a lot for Dyer.
That is fine. I think a polite nod or smile may have done a lot for Dyer.

You might as well greet everyone who has the same shoe size as you.
You might as well greet everyone who has the same shoe size as you.

Does not take anything away from him. Just a passing smile might mean the world to someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending