The Student Room Group

Warwick A101 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SS869
I did the process last night and tbh it was super easy to follow (I was worried it wouldn't be). I would recommend just going on and applying and just following the steps- I promise it will make sense :smile: I believe its a similar process, clicking on the undergraduate route etc

This is promising. Going to get all the forms they sent done this week so they are out of the way, so i'm glad this part is straightforward (although it never was for my previous degree so we'll see).

Congratulations to everyone again! :biggrin:
Original post by ZoeWMed
When applying for student finance, do we just apply exactly the same way we did for our first undergrad? I know we have to self fund the first term so I'm just trying to figure out how it all works :biggrin:

Original post by SS869
I did the process last night and tbh it was super easy to follow (I was worried it wouldn't be). I would recommend just going on and applying and just following the steps- I promise it will make sense :smile: I believe its a similar process, clicking on the undergraduate route etc

Second this! I did it last night and it took me about 10 minutes in total. Really easy to follow 😊
Original post by Bio.Sam
This is promising. Going to get all the forms they sent done this week so they are out of the way, so i'm glad this part is straightforward (although it never was for my previous degree so we'll see).

Congratulations to everyone again! :biggrin:

Me too, want to get it out the way and I’m just too excited to start 😂 I’ve done the health and conduct survey, occupational health declaration form and student finance. They will be sending us information for the DBS soon!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi everyone!

First time applicant here too - got my offer yesterday morning. Got two more interviews (Swansea and Nottingham) but Warwick is high on my list :biggrin:! Congrats to all on getting in.

Bit about me - currently in my final (fourth) year studying BSc Medical Sciences at Exeter and as part of that I spent last year working in clinical research in the NHS which has definitely been one of the highlights of my course. Really excited to start med in September!
Reply 64
Morning guys! Does anyone know when approximately the offer holder day will be?
Has anyone had any offers today?
Reply 66
It says offer holder day will be June/July on the website 😊
Hello everyone! I'm very excited to be here also, Warwick is my first choice!
I'm concerned about what to do for housing, I'm quite sociable so living on my own would not be for me. Do people normally live in halls or move to private houses outside of the uni? Can't wait to meet you all!
Reply 68
I’m also very confused about housing. Like do we just pick 3/4 random strangers from TSR and live with them? How does this all work? 😂 Hoping once all offers, wait load and rejections are out they’ll email us over some useful info about funding and accommodation 🙏🏼
Reply 69
Original post by Hannah11223344
Hello everyone! I'm very excited to be here also, Warwick is my first choice!
I'm concerned about what to do for housing, I'm quite sociable so living on my own would not be for me. Do people normally live in halls or move to private houses outside of the uni? Can't wait to meet you all!

Try not to worry- I've heard Warwick are really helpful with sorting students into accommodation with other medical students/mature students (there is some on campus but i think its limited to us as medic first years)
Reply 70
For anyone that completed the occupational health declaration form online, how did you sign it? Did you simply type your name? Not sure if that would constitute signing but if they'll accept it that's what I'll do
Reply 71
Hi everyone, had a couple of questions regarding the occupational health form. I haven't had my Hepatitis B vaccinations, and the e-mail states that it is recommended that I start the course of immunisation asap- do I contact my GP about this or would the OH department over at Warwick sort something out?

Also, does volunteering at the NHS count as working for them?

Just thought I'd ask before I e-mail them.
I'm moving up with my partner and we're looking at Birmingham as she can find a job there and I can commute (compromise). Anyone else thinking of commuting from Birmingham? Is it better to drive in or go by train? I'm so excited to start but stressing about moving my whole life to a new city!
Original post by bethaaan
I'm moving up with my partner and we're looking at Birmingham as she can find a job there and I can commute (compromise). Anyone else thinking of commuting from Birmingham? Is it better to drive in or go by train? I'm so excited to start but stressing about moving my whole life to a new city!

train is ok but remember that you'll need to get from Cov station to Gibbet's hill which can be a bit of a mission. I'll be a bit further than brum but still planning to commute at this stage
Original post by kukeku
Hi everyone, had a couple of questions regarding the occupational health form. I haven't had my Hepatitis B vaccinations, and the e-mail states that it is recommended that I start the course of immunisation asap- do I contact my GP about this or would the OH department over at Warwick sort something out?

its better to start because the course is spread over 6 months and you'll need to show immunity. I think the GP will charge you for them as private work, but shouldn't be very expensive. The OH dept may help you out, but as not currently a student or employed I don't think theyd be obliged to
hi how to chek offer leter real or fakr
Original post by kukeku

I had to get the vaccine last year. I asked my GP who said they were unable to do it and advised me to look privately at local pharmacies. I found it pretty quickly and each jab was £20 so £60 for all three 😊

I’m not 100% sure but I assume it means full time paid work like nurses and radiographers because we’ll have a lot of them on the course
Reply 77
Original post by anonfuturemedic
I had to get the vaccine last year. I asked my GP who said they were unable to do it and advised me to look privately at local pharmacies. I found it pretty quickly and each jab was £20 so £60 for all three 😊

I’m not 100% sure but I assume it means full time paid work like nurses and radiographers because we’ll have a lot of them on the course

Thanks for this because I was confused about the vaccines too! Phoned my GP today and they said they couldn't do the Hep B vaccine and I panicked :P
Original post by Jiminibillybob
train is ok but remember that you'll need to get from Cov station to Gibbet's hill which can be a bit of a mission. I'll be a bit further than brum but still planning to commute at this stage

Are you planning to drive of go by train? Not sure what the parking’s like. I saw that there’s a GEM parking permit for ~£25 a month but only 2 car parks where it’s valid which I’m worried means really limited parking spaces
Original post by BeckyZoe
Thanks for this because I was confused about the vaccines too! Phoned my GP today and they said they couldn't do the Hep B vaccine and I panicked :P

Lol, literally same thing happened to me and I was freaking out! 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending