The Student Room Group

Mental health

I don't want to go to school this week because I am struggling with my 2 assessments. I completely can't do it. I don't want to go to school because I won't be doing anything in class because I don't know what to do and it will be embarrassing. I feel really dumb. I don't know what to do. Need help asap.
Original post by AWA00047
I don't want to go to school this week because I am struggling with my 2 assessments. I completely can't do it. I don't want to go to school because I won't be doing anything in class because I don't know what to do and it will be embarrassing. I feel really dumb. I don't know what to do. Need help asap.

can you speak to your teacher and see if they can help and extend the time?
go to your teachers if you need help- any decent teacher will be willing to help you :smile:
try not to put yourself down, we all get a bit stuck with work at some point! remember these assessments aren't the end of the world.
if you're struggling with your mh have you thought about talking to someone like a counsellor at school about it?
Reply 3
I haven't my parents. My friends are annoyed and my parents.too. I feel like going to fail. Am I overreacting? Am I being a idiot for thinking this is a problem. I don't ask for help and I think that's why I am behind and alllwats struggling. Like it takes me so long to do homework when it shouldn't even take me that long. I am lost
Reply 4
Thank you so much for taking time to help me. Thanks. I really appreciate it. Thank you again
Reply 5
I feel like I'm a bad student. Is it a bad reason to stay home all week because u are struggling?
Reply 6
I don't like talking about how I feel. I just keep it all inside. Except on TSR
Reply 7
If you keep avoiding school it will only get worse. You will feel much better if you tell someone at school about this and start agreeing ways to overcome it.
Reply 8
My mum made me go to school and I hided in the school toilet for half the section. I didn't go to that class because I didn't know how to do the assessment. I hate this. I wish I never struggled with anything. I wish I was smart and better. I think I am depressed
I haven't my parents. My friends are annoyed and my parents.too. I feel like going to fail. Am I overreacting? Am I being a idiot for thinking this is a problem. I don't ask for help and I think that's why I am behind and alllwats struggling. Like it takes me so long to do homework when it shouldn't even take me that long. I am lost

try not to overthink these assessments as they're just an indicator of how you're doing right now. there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help, you should try asking your teacher if you are struggling, they're there to help :yep:

My mum made me go to school and I hided in the school toilet for half the section. I didn't go to that class because I didn't know how to do the assessment. I hate this. I wish I never struggled with anything. I wish I was smart and better. I think I am depressed

is it just the one class you're avoiding?
really recommend speaking to a counsellor or someone at school if you're really struggling w your mh it's okay to ask for help or just someone to talk to.

Quick Reply

Latest