The Student Room Group

Dentistry Leeds 2020 Interviews

Hey Guys,
Who has got ther Leeds interview soon or has had theirs ?
Also how are you guys preparing
I AM SOOOOOOO NERVOUS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dentistry020101
Hey Guys,
Who has got ther Leeds interview soon or has had theirs ?
Also how are you guys preparing
I AM SOOOOOOO NERVOUS

I have one on Wednesday, been super poorly over the weekend so hoping to prepare things today and tomorrow just going through my PS and probably look at some manual dex tasks. Good luck for yours:smile:
Original post by Leoni_doylexo
I have one on Wednesday, been super poorly over the weekend so hoping to prepare things today and tomorrow just going through my PS and probably look at some manual dex tasks. Good luck for yours:smile:

Hope you have a speedy recovery !!!!
Mines tomorrow and I feel like i am missing something - Like ive totally forgotten to prepare something ?? Maybe its just the nerves.
Ive been over difficult / sensitive scenarios
issues patients would have with the healthcare system
im going to do the personal achievements art rn.
we dont have to prepare a presentation right ?? i think that was for the previous years.
Hope you have a speedy recovery !!!!
Mines tomorrow and I feel like i am missing something - Like ive totally forgotten to prepare something ?? Maybe its just the nerves.
Ive been over difficult / sensitive scenarios
issues patients would have with the healthcare system
im going to do the personal achievements art rn.
we dont have to prepare a presentation right ?? i think that was for the previous years.

Good luck if it’s today!! If you could let me know a couple of things they ask you today that would be great as mines tomorrow. I can’t say I’ve heard anything about a presentation so I assume not. Don’t be nervous, I think more than anything they just want to get an idea of who you are, just be yourself!
Reply 4
Your not allowed to say anything about the interview. You sign an NDA.
Original post by SeaWorth
Your not allowed to say anything about the interview. You sign an NDA.

I mean yeah but I’d say most people do anyway
This is true - I can't disclose any of the questions. But honestly from all my interviews Leeds was the best organised and approachable. Literally just be yourself and you should be completely fine. Make sure you enjoy it !! It was actually fun
Reply 7
I mean yeah but I’d say most people do anyway

Why would they though? It just further compromises their chances of getting in and risking your own...
Why would they though? It just further compromises their chances of getting in and risking your own...

I only wanted to know simple things like if they asked for things for manual dexterity etc, not specific details abo it each individual interview experience. There’s plenty of threads on here discussing the questions that I wanted to ask
This is true - I can't disclose any of the questions. But honestly from all my interviews Leeds was the best organised and approachable. Literally just be yourself and you should be completely fine. Make sure you enjoy it !! It was actually fun

As long as you enjoyed it that’s the main thing, I’m glad you found it the most organised etc. Did you think it went well for you then?
As long as you enjoyed it that’s the main thing, I’m glad you found it the most organised etc. Did you think it went well for you then?

I think it went well ? obviously there were some things that went good and somethings I think I didn't do as well in - but no one there makes you feel like you've completely messed up which is why I reallllyyyyyy like Leeds.
Good luck if it’s today!! If you could let me know a couple of things they ask you today that would be great as mines tomorrow. I can’t say I’ve heard anything about a presentation so I assume not. Don’t be nervous, I think more than anything they just want to get an idea of who you are, just be yourself!

How did the interview go then ??
How did everyone find their interviews ??
anyone really confident ?
How did everyone find their interviews ??
anyone really confident ?

Hard to say... some days I feel like I’ve done well and some not so much. How about yourself?
Hard to say... some days I feel like I’ve done well and some not so much. How about yourself?

I'm just really worried about the simodent. I think I completely messed up. And some stations were a bit difficult but then some were really good. When did you do your Interview ?
Yh same, I had mine on the first day (13th).

Is Leeds your firm ?
Is Leeds your firm ?

Yep, Yours?
Yep, Yours?

Yeahh
How did the interview go then ??

Went really well thanks I enjoyed it. Was pleased to find out scores for the manual dex station aren’t being used anymore
Yh same, I had mine on the first day (13th).

When I went there was technical difficulties with it. They announced to the whole group that we couldn’t do it so to not jeopardise chances of being offered a place scores for it aren’t being used and that should be sent out on an email in a few days. So don’t worry!!

Quick Reply

Latest