The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford - DPhil - Computer Science application status 2020

Hi guys,
I’ve applied for the January deadline but I haven’t heard anything back yet. I was wondering if there is anyone who applied to DPhil in Computer Science and invited for the interview.
Anyone still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any update by anyone?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
I had an interview, but am waiting for a response, anybody else?
Reply 3
Original post by blergyboo
I had an interview, but am waiting for a response, anybody else?

Still no update from my side. I am sure my application will be rejected.
Reply 4
There is a couple of people who got accepted (Gradcafe). I was interviewed, but I still didn't hear anything. Do you think that they usually send all the acceptance on the same day?
Can you link me to the gradcafe post on this?
I checked on gradcafe and the results are only from last year?
Reply 7
Original post by blergyboo
I checked on gradcafe and the results are only from last year?

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=oxford+computer+science&t=a&o=&pp=25
Does anyone know the process of the admission please?Will you be certainly accepted if you POI agrees to accept you, or it will need to be decided by like the committee? Also are there any chances of admit after the March deadline for the DPhil admission as I see it’s still open.Thank you so much in advance!
Reply 9
Original post by STEPHENWY
Does anyone know the process of the admission please?Will you be certainly accepted if you POI agrees to accept you, or it will need to be decided by like the committee? Also are there any chances of admit after the March deadline for the DPhil admission as I see it’s still open.Thank you so much in advance!

I don't know, but this is a good question.
Reply 10
Hello,

Do any Dphil applicants in Computer Science have any updates about their applications?
Reply 11
Original post by cth1992
Hello,

Do any Dphil applicants in Computer Science have any updates about their applications?

No update on my side and I am expecting a rejection letter either this week or next week. A couple of people received offer from CS department.
Reply 12
Original post by FUSTUK20
No update on my side and I am expecting a rejection letter either this week or next week. A couple of people received offer from CS department.

Did you do an interview ?
Reply 13
Original post by cth1992
Did you do an interview ?

A professor who agreed to supervise my research changed his mind and didn't invite me to the interview. Did you invited to interview?
Reply 14
A professor who agreed to supervise my research changed his mind and didn't invite me to the interview. Did you invited to interview?

Yes I did an interview, do you know how the admission process works ?
Reply 15
Original post by cth1992
Yes I did an interview, do you know how the admission process works ?

Not sure how the admission process works but I think they're understaff and one of the most experienced staff retired this year (Julie Sheppard). You can contact your potential supervisor and ask him/her for an update.
Reply 16
Not sure how the admission process works but I think they're understaff and one of the most experienced staff retired this year (Julie Sheppard). You can contact your potential supervisor and ask him/her for an update.

Do you know if the final decision is taken by the potential supervisor or by a committee ?
Reply 17
Original post by cth1992
Do you know if the final decision is taken by the potential supervisor or by a committee ?

Will be taking by a committee and inform your supervisor about their decision
Reply 18
Will be taking by a committee and inform your supervisor about their decision

Thank you for letting me know, so even if a supervisor would like to take you the committee can decide against it.
I was interviewed on first week of February and it went well. I did not recieve any decision yet. Should I expect a acceptance or rejection? Are they done sending all acceptance letters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending