The Student Room Group

Struggling to figure out what university to choose?

Attached is a document that will help you decide and narrow down all universities down to one. It's easy to be swayed by one factor or by your idea of the university, but this table will help you to actually see what university will be right for you (and it may suprise you!) When I used this, I was definitely surprised at what university was a good fit me, and actually the university I wanted to go ended up being rated the bottom once I was finished.

It's a word document so you can edit it and add more or less factors specific to your course and what you want in a university :biggrin:

Here it is attached :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by yotsr123
Attached is a document that will help you decide and narrow down all universities down to one. It's easy to be swayed by one factor or by your idea of the university, but this table will help you to actually see what university will be right for you (and it may suprise you!) When I used this, I was definitely suprised at what university was a good fit me, and actually the university I wanted to go ended up being rated the bottom once I was finished.

A good start ...

Nothing included about a year abroad or a year in industry - very important for some degrees.

Accommodation? Range of choice - some people might need catered [long hours of lectures, workshops, labs]

Support for special needs/access arrangements

How did you long-list? What else did you look at?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
A good start ...

Nothing included about a year abroad or a year in industry - very important for some degrees.

Accommodation? Range of choice - some people might need catered [long hours of lectures, workshops, labs]

Support for special needs/access arrangements

How did you long-list? What else did you look at?

This is just a general list and those who need certain specifics can simply amend the list with the things that are most important to them!
This is just a general list and those who need certain specifics can simply amend the list with the things that are most important to them!

Perhaps you need to say that in your original post then? You present it as a finished article.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Perhaps you need to say that in your original post then? You present it as a finished article.

done :biggrin:
Attached is a document that will help you decide and narrow down all universities down to one. It's easy to be swayed by one factor or by your idea of the university, but this table will help you to actually see what university will be right for you (and it may suprise you!) When I used this, I was definitely surprised at what university was a good fit me, and actually the university I wanted to go ended up being rated the bottom once I was finished.

It's a word document so you can edit it and add more or less factors specific to your course and what you want in a university :biggrin:

Doesn't seem to have attachment?
Reply 6
can't find the attachment

Latest

Trending

Trending