The Student Room Group

Awarding CIE A2 2020 May/June grades

*Help*

I just received a call from my school they told me that Cambridge has said the A2 students will get the same grade as they had in AS. (for instance if my grade in AS was C, my predicted grade for A2 will also be C).

After a while, I came across that very update from Cambridge and it is as follows:

" Carrying marks forward from the June 2019 series
As previously stated, if a candidate has June 2019 AS Level grade and enters for June 2020, the school can use the June 2019 grade to inform their predicted A-Level grade in June 2020 series.

If a candidate has June 2019 AS Level grade but wishes to take November 2020 A-Level exams in the same syllabus, they can carry forward their June 2019 results in the following circumstances:
they were entered for the A-Level syllabus in June 2020, irrespective of whether they were later withdrawn
the syllabus has a carry forward entry option for that component.
This is an exemption from our usual 13-month rule.

We will provide you with the entry options for each syllabus that will allow June 2019 marks to be carried forward to November 2020. "

I quote this line from the above paragraph " the school can use the June 2019 grade to inform their predicted A-Level grade in June 2020 series"

It says "school *can* use", not schools should give the same grade as they had in AS.

Now, this is what I interpreted from the above message.

Can anyone tell me if my interpretation is wrong, like did all schools take this decision of providing A2 students with the same grade as AS or they considered the evidence as well?
I worked really really hard in A2 and I was so sure of getting an A grade in A2. Our school scrapped all evidences and said they are of no use now. Please if anyone can help me out here
Original post by ghaaribkhurshid
*Help*

I just received a call from my school they told me that Cambridge has said the A2 students will get the same grade as they had in AS. (for instance if my grade in AS was C, my predicted grade for A2 will also be C).

After a while, I came across that very update from Cambridge and it is as follows:

" Carrying marks forward from the June 2019 series
As previously stated, if a candidate has June 2019 AS Level grade and enters for June 2020, the school can use the June 2019 grade to inform their predicted A-Level grade in June 2020 series.

If a candidate has June 2019 AS Level grade but wishes to take November 2020 A-Level exams in the same syllabus, they can carry forward their June 2019 results in the following circumstances:
they were entered for the A-Level syllabus in June 2020, irrespective of whether they were later withdrawn
the syllabus has a carry forward entry option for that component.
This is an exemption from our usual 13-month rule.

We will provide you with the entry options for each syllabus that will allow June 2019 marks to be carried forward to November 2020. "

I quote this line from the above paragraph " the school can use the June 2019 grade to inform their predicted A-Level grade in June 2020 series"

It says "school *can* use", not schools should give the same grade as they had in AS.

Now, this is what I interpreted from the above message.

Can anyone tell me if my interpretation is wrong, like did all schools take this decision of providing A2 students with the same grade as AS or they considered the evidence as well?
I worked really really hard in A2 and I was so sure of getting an A grade in A2. Our school scrapped all evidences and said they are of no use now. Please if anyone can help me out here

think you should look at this line "the school can use the June 2019 grade to inform their predicted A-Level grade"
Inform, not the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending