The Student Room Group

January 2021 intake, nursing (Liverpool John Moores University)

I have been offered a place at LJMU to study child nursing starting in January 2021. Because I will be starting later than everyone else I have been told that I will be sharing a flat with other nurses in the same position. Just thought I would share to maybe speak to people in the same boat as me with regards to the course :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i’m starting in january on the children’s nursing course too ! :smile: see you then X
Original post by jd1202
i’m starting in january on the children’s nursing course too ! :smile: see you then X

what nursing have you applied for? im doing child
Original post by jd1202

ignore my last message, i didnt see the childrens part on your post
Reply 4
Original post by ag12345678910

haha it’s fine, i’m on the same course as you, where are you from? are you coming to liverpool from far? or do you live here X
Original post by jd1202
haha it’s fine, i’m on the same course as you, where are you from? are you coming to liverpool from far? or do you live here X

im from manchester so not far at all! wbu?
Reply 6

i’m from liverpool, i literally live like 20 mins away from the university so i’ll be living at home :smile:
Reply 7

what did you do at sixth form? are you a mature student or have you just finished year 13?
Original post by jd1202
what did you do at sixth form? are you a mature student or have you just finished year 13?

so long story cut short, i did a levels last year, studied chemistry, biology and maths, but didnt get the grades i needed to get onto the course. maths ****ed me over big time! i wanted to resit them but colleges prioritized 16 year olds so there wasnt a place for me. i ended up doing a btec in health and social care (just for this academic year) to get some extra ucas points. so wouldnt say mature student as i am only one year behind, wbu?
Reply 9
so long story cut short, i did a levels last year, studied chemistry, biology and maths, but didnt get the grades i needed to get onto the course. maths ****ed me over big time! i wanted to resit them but colleges prioritized 16 year olds so there wasnt a place for me. i ended up doing a btec in health and social care (just for this academic year) to get some extra ucas points. so wouldnt say mature student as i am only one year behind, wbu?

you’re going to hate me haha... but i finished year 13 this year doing english lit, politics & business studies, haven’t done my a levels but managed to bag myself an unconditional offer so i’ve now got a confirmed place! sheer luck i suppose... my a levels are going to be graded by my teachers due to the coronavirus, but i guess they won’t matter too much anyway now.
Original post by jd1202
you’re going to hate me haha... but i finished year 13 this year doing english lit, politics & business studies, haven’t done my a levels but managed to bag myself an unconditional offer so i’ve now got a confirmed place! sheer luck i suppose... my a levels are going to be graded by my teachers due to the coronavirus, but i guess they won’t matter too much anyway now.

ahh thats lucky, but great! at leat you can chill now. i still have to do coursework, which is fine though, my work is extremely easy
also do you know anyone else in the same boat as us?
Reply 12

nope, i’ve been trying to find someone to relate to for weeks since i got my offer but no one ive come across is in the same position!
Reply 13

also, have you accepted the offer or do you have other universities you might want to go to? where else did you apply for?
I haven’t accepted yet, need to do that, but definitely want to go Liverpool!

hi, i’ve been offered a place on the children’s nursing january 2021 course too, do you have any idea how accommodation works? x
Reply 16
Original post by jesskenno
hi, i’ve been offered a place on the children’s nursing january 2021 course too, do you have any idea how accommodation works? x

there’s a group chat for children’s nursing on snapchat for ljmu for a few in january & september i can add you to it if you like ? X
Original post by jd1202
there’s a group chat for children’s nursing on snapchat for ljmu for a few in january & september i can add you to it if you like ? X

yes please x

Are you doing adult nursing 2021 LJMU?
Ive just been accepted for the 2021 intake for mental health nursing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending