The Student Room Group

Exams in September?

If there are A Level exams in September, it will take two months to mark the exams so we will get grades in Nov/Dec time. When do you start uni then? Jan 2021 / September 2021?
You would be starting uni in September 2021. Im also in the same situation however I am choosing to take my exams in summer 2021 with the current year 12s.
Original post by gardener129
You would be starting uni in September 2021. Im also in the same situation however I am choosing to take my exams in summer 2021 with the current year 12s.

I am on a gap year and was meant to take exams this June but cause of the coronavirus situation, I do not know what to do now. I have no predicted grades because I am an external candidate and was planning on using my A level resit grades to apply for clearing. I tried calling my school today but my close is apparently closed. How do you know I would be starting uni in sept 2021 if I took exams in sept 2020, did you ask your school? I just need clarification :smile:
Original post by curiousperson123
I am on a gap year and was meant to take exams this June but cause of the coronavirus situation, I do not know what to do now. I have no predicted grades because I am an external candidate and was planning on using my A level resit grades to apply for clearing. I tried calling my school today but my close is apparently closed. How do you know I would be starting uni in sept 2021 if I took exams in sept 2020, did you ask your school? I just need clarification :smile:

You would be starting in sept 2021 if you do not get your results until after September 2020 as the academic year would have already started. This website might be able to provide you with some information: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020
I would advise giving the university you want to attend a call and taking the relevant advice from them and perhaps discuss how you could get some predicted grades to be able to attend university in 2020. Most importantly, do not panic as there are a lot of people in your shoes (including me).
(edited 4 years ago)
You would be starting in sept 2021 if you do not get your results until after September 2020 as the academic year would have already started. This website might be able to provide you with some information: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020
I would advise giving the university you want to attend a call and taking the relevant advice from them and perhaps discuss how you could get some predicted grades to be able to attend university in 2020. Most importantly, do not panic as there are a lot of people in your shoes (including me).

thank you :suith:
Reply 5
I heard that some university’s will be lenient and may change start dates for people doing the exams in september therefore meaning they will be able to start uni in jan 2021?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6

Oh! What are you applying for? I am a year 12 taking IAL exams, with the first batch in October instead of May/June. I am taking Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and would like to apply for engineering or physics degree in 2021 entry.
Reply 7
It unlikely exams will be in September - Ofqual has only ever said 'Autumn'. The turn round time between August results and September would be too tight.
Original post by 8013
Oh! What are you applying for? I am a year 12 taking IAL exams, with the first batch in October instead of May/June. I am taking Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and would like to apply for engineering or physics degree in 2021 entry.

sorry for the late reply. Im planning on applying for veterinary medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest