The Student Room Group

History gcse is killin me

I need help with a question 3d
Well just from the interpretation 2 it shows that they believe women should stay at home and take care of the children. The Nazis had a very domestic view on women, but from interpretation 1 it says few were forced out and many were needed for agricultural purposes.

However you could say that both interpretation did mention few females were driven out of work and interpretation 2 states the type of women that were giving a more clearer understanding of things.

Personally for me I would disagree with interpretation 2 because if women were meant to only stay at home and not work the economy would be bad as majority of the men were under conscription in the army so it would create a whole in the workforce that women (people left behind after husband's went to war) had to fill it. It also has a very domestic view on women which both interpretation share but one highlights the failed attempted and the workforce whilst the other highlights the strict view the Nazis had of women.

Sorry if this doesn't help I haven't done History GCSE in a while thought I'd give it a go
Thanks a lot. really.
Reply 4
Original post by sweetescobar
Pls help.

I got a 9 in GCSE History so I think I can help.

Interpretation 2 is accurate to an extent as it states “All good German women should get married and have children”. Hitler wanted women to follow the 3K’s (Kinder, Kurche and Küche) and wanted them to fill a more traditional role - they were discouraged from having jobs and didn’t have much freedom.

You can also talk about how young girls had to join the “League of German maidens” and learnt from a young age that they had to fill a traditional role in Nazi Germany - young girls even got impregnated by soldier in Lebensborn centers.

Hitler also introduced awards for women that had lots of children (I think one of then was “The gold cross” for having 8 children). Women were also discouraged from going university so it’s clear that Hitler only wanted to use them as a way of increasing the population.

I would write about Interpretation 1 but I feel like I’d be writing the essay for you😆. Anyways good luck and I hope I helped!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending