The Student Room Group

Advice on leavers hoodie dilemma

So I'm in year 13 and my year are all getting leavers hoodies. Right now I'm struggling so much though with what to put on the back of mine.
The two options are putting my first name (as I don't really have a nickname) or simply putting 'Class of'. When it comes to putting my name my mum really got into my head that when I wear my hoodie out in public people will know my name. Apparently there have been instances where people out in public call out the name they see on these hoodies as a joke and I really don't want that to happen for obvious reasons. What do you think I should put on it? Am I worrying for nothing?
Reply 1
I would suggest for your mom's sake that you just get 'Class of'.
Do what you want, though :smile:
surname is more common than whole name because a surname is kind of a signature at school. not to mention having your full name on a piece of clothing is slightly strange
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm in year 13 and my year are all getting leavers hoodies. Right now I'm struggling so much though with what to put on the back of mine.
The two options are putting my first name (as I don't really have a nickname) or simply putting 'Class of'. When it comes to putting my name my mum really got into my head that when I wear my hoodie out in public people will know my name. Apparently there have been instances where people out in public call out the name they see on these hoodies as a joke and I really don't want that to happen for obvious reasons. What do you think I should put on it? Am I worrying for nothing?

All my stash at uni had my surname on it, so I wasn't really bothered about that. If you don't want to risk revealing your name, then just stick with the 'class of' option. Chances are you'll only wear that hoodie until about 15 October anyway :laugh:
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
surname is more common than whole name because a surname is kind of a signature at school. not to mention having your full name on a piece of clothing is slightly strange

It wouldn't be my whole name though - just my first name
It wouldn't be my whole name though - just my first name

then less strange but not unusual
Reply 6
Hmm
im in year 11 and we all just put our first names x
Reply 8
im in year 11 and we all just put our first names x

OK, that's good to know. I think I do want my first name more to be honest but I'm just a bit paranoid for some reason lol x
OK, that's good to know. I think I do want my first name more to be honest but I'm just a bit paranoid for some reason lol x

its really nothing to be worried about I guess, and tbf you will probably be wearing your hoodie more in the house then outside 😊
Original post by shady1402
its really nothing to be worried about I guess, and tbf you will probably be wearing your hoodie more in the house then outside 😊

Yeah that's true - and really I just want something personal to keep so I think that's the best option - thanks for the reassurance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending