The Student Room Group

Virtual assessment centre invite KPMG

Has anyone else been invited to the KPMG virtual assessment centre?

Scroll to see replies

No. But what service line you apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins
No. But what service line you apply for?

Audit, what about you?
Original post by SI2019
Audit, what about you?

I was about to apply to audit but i didn't. A friend of mine who was an EY Audit apprentice left, he left because the role does get really boring (he joined another apprenticeship scheme with a different company). If you're prepared to visit clients weekly across the UK or globe then this is for you - also do work you don't understand for 2-4 years.

Well... Expect there to be alot of travel.

What does the assessment centre consist of? What does it say in the email?
Reply 4
I was about to apply to audit but i didn't. A friend of mine who was an EY Audit apprentice left, he left because the role does get really boring (he joined another apprenticeship scheme with a different company). If you're prepared to visit clients weekly across the UK or globe then this is for you - also do work you don't understand for 2-4 years.

I chose KPMG but I think i’d be okay with travelling. I’m doing a school leaver program so I doubt i’ll have to travel so much till third year.

But thanks for the insight. What apprenticeship does your friend do now?

And it involves an interview, presentation and a written assessment. Altogether about 1hr30mins
Reply 5

Btw, I think its possible to not have to travel for auditing. I mean in the apprenticeship, youll probably have to travel, but afterwards, you can go into internal auditing. I just extracted this from an article:

“You won’t have to travel to client sites; you can set up meetings internally to discuss the projects and you will therefore be able to plan your time more efficiently.

While some travel may be expected, this tends to be on an occasional and ad-hoc basis. When travel does occur, particularly within the asset management sector, it tends to be to global locations. Many see this as an excellent opportunity to visit new places.”
Oh I see; thanks for the info.
My friend now works for Mace as an Apprentice Project Manager. I mean travelling is still involved but he like the job (he hated audit).
Original post by SI2019
I chose KPMG but I think i’d be okay with travelling. I’m doing a school leaver program so I doubt i’ll have to travel so much till third year.

But thanks for the insight. What apprenticeship does your friend do now?

And it involves an interview, presentation and a written assessment. Altogether about 1hr30mins

you will have to travel a lot, on your first year for sure, you'll be out of the office for the majority of the time
Reply 8
Original post by Gent2324
you will have to travel a lot, on your first year for sure, you'll be out of the office for the majority of the time

Just in London or around the UK or abroad?
Original post by SI2019

probably will be around london, depending on the audit,
Original post by SI2019

I mean, If you do get the role. You can always complete your apprenticeship and then move into a different accounting field.
Reply 11
I mean, If you do get the role. You can always complete your apprenticeship and then move into a different accounting field.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Financial stability and 0% - 10% travel. I found some senior audit roles online that don't require travel at all.
Reply 12
Ihave been invited to an assessment centre on the 23rd when is yours?
Reply 13
Original post by hopeb31
Ihave been invited to an assessment centre on the 23rd when is yours?

25th n goodluck. Do you mind letting me know how it goes also, what service line are you applying for?
Reply 14
Original post by hopeb31
Ive applied for audit and ofc I will message you to let you know how it goes. I have no idea what to expect.

Original post by SI2019
25th n goodluck. Do you mind letting me know how it goes also, what service line are you applying for?

Ive applied for audit and ofc I will message you to let you know how it goes. I have no idea what to expect.
Reply 15
Thank you so much! I've applied to audit too, which office?

Original post by hopeb31
Reply 16
Original post by SI2019
Thank you so much! I've applied to audit too, which office?

Nottingham how about you?
Reply 17
Original post by hopeb31
Nottingham how about you?

London
Lads let me know what the asessment centre consists of. What questions do they ask in the interview
I've been invited to one. How did yours go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending