The Student Room Group

anyone have any tips/advice for learning spanish?

would love some advice! also, does anyone know how long it roughly could take to learn a language? im learning spanish btw . :smile:
i used memrise
@coffeeneeded27 any advice?
Reply 3
Original post by pon1de2replay3
i used memrise

thanks i will check it out
Like @pon1de2replay3 said, Memrise is a brilliant tool.
Once you've got the basic vocab down, it'd be great to practice your reading and listening skills. I LOVED News in Slow Spanish, it's a great way to practice your listening skills as a beginner!!

Another great way, eventually, to solidify your skills is to write and speak spanish. Speaking could be saying Spanish words instead of English in conversations every once in a while (with people that won't just hate you for it!!!!!!!!), or having a conversation with your rubber ducky, or a limited edition Captain America bobblehead with broken shield. But I digress.
Writing Spanish could be done over an app called HelloTalk, I used it to practice having actual conversation with people. It helped me greatly because everyone is there to learn a language! You can help them with English, they help you with Spanish. It's perfect :biggrin:

Eventually you could read Spanish Quora and see how much you understand, or listen to Spanish songs and pause them every few seconds to translate in your head what's going on!

You just need to find what works for you, get creative! :biggrin: Best of luck to you
Reply 5
Original post by ProperLad
Like @pon1de2replay3 said, Memrise is a brilliant tool.
Once you've got the basic vocab down, it'd be great to practice your reading and listening skills. I LOVED News in Slow Spanish, it's a great way to practice your listening skills as a beginner!!

Another great way, eventually, to solidify your skills is to write and speak spanish. Speaking could be saying Spanish words instead of English in conversations every once in a while (with people that won't just hate you for it!!!!!!!!), or having a conversation with your rubber ducky, or a limited edition Captain America bobblehead with broken shield. But I digress.
Writing Spanish could be done over an app called HelloTalk, I used it to practice having actual conversation with people. It helped me greatly because everyone is there to learn a language! You can help them with English, they help you with Spanish. It's perfect :biggrin:

Eventually you could read Spanish Quora and see how much you understand, or listen to Spanish songs and pause them every few seconds to translate in your head what's going on!

You just need to find what works for you, get creative! :biggrin: Best of luck to you

omg u have no idea how long i was looking for spanish tv slowed down!! your a life saver!! thank u for the great tips, i will definelty check out hello talk! :biggrin:
Original post by ryeah
omg u have no idea how long i was looking for spanish tv slowed down!! your a life saver!! thank u for the great tips, i will definelty check out hello talk! :biggrin:

De nada :smile:
Feel free to PM me if you ever fancy a chat in Spanish as practice :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by ProperLad
De nada :smile:
Feel free to PM me if you ever fancy a chat in Spanish as practice :biggrin:

Binge watch Dora the explorer -^__^-
Reply 9
Original post by glowing_starfish
Binge watch Dora the explorer -^__^-

hahahahah

Quick Reply