The Student Room Group

Conservatives Father’s day tweet backfires

https://twitter.com/conservatives/status/1274648847424290816?s=21

I’m taking about the comments in this case

Any thoughts?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Am I blind? I don't see anything wrong with it?
Original post by neko no basu

People were mad because they're black -_-

It's the comments that i’m talking about. Sorry about that, I’ll just edit that in
Original post by TheStarboy
It's the comments that i’m talking about. Sorry about that, I’ll just edit that in

Oh I see, I'll check out the comments
Original post by Daveological
People were mad because they're black -_-

And that's problematic because...?

Any thoughts?

The main takeaway here is that Twitter is still a cesspool of extremists.
Oh I see, I'll check out the comments

And that's problematic because...?

It's not, racists are just annoyed for no reason.

Any thoughts?

I don’t see anything wrong with it.

I see what you mean about the comments but TBH politics on Twitter is a cesspit of this after every political post. Political Twitter is rife with identity politics in every comment section.

Any thoughts?

I think I just lost a few brain cells reading some of those comments

Spoiler

people really getting offended by anything and everything these days
The main takeaway here is that Twitter is still a cesspool of extremists.

I was just surprised at the overwhelmingly negative reaction to this. You even have other supporters getting dismayed.
Original post by mnot

I see what you mean about the comments but TBH politics on Twitter is a cesspit of this after every political post. Political Twitter is rife with identity politics in every comment section.

Yeah, the tweet itself is fine but i don't think anyone expected the backlash especially on this scale. And it's on the Tories' own account
I think I just lost a few brain cells reading some of those comments

Spoiler

people really getting offended by anything and everything these days

I got shown this and was actually surprised reading the comments. It's a simple tweet so where is the backlash coming from? :confused:

It really does feel like people are getting offended with everything
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah, the tweet itself is fine but i don't think anyone expected the backlash especially on this scale. And it's on the Tories' own account

Honestly there are people who literally sit on Twitter & follow people ready to spread there propaganda every post.

I would actually be surprised is the tories or Boris or a pro-leave thinktank didn’t get flooded with spam propaganda.

It’s painful how bad it’s gotten.
Reply 12
And I bet that if they put two white people on it, the comments would also be filled with "thats racist, its a white person again" :rolleyes:
Original post by mnot
Honestly there are people who literally sit on Twitter & follow people ready to spread there propaganda every post.

I would actually be surprised is the tories or Boris or a pro-leave thinktank didn’t get flooded with spam propaganda.

It’s painful how bad it’s gotten.

Seems like Boris has underestimated his fanbase. Hopefully, these people don't speak for tories or else, Boris might need to pick a side again.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
And I bet that if they put two white people on it, the comments would also be filled with "thats racist, its a white person again" :rolleyes:

I don't think people would be surprised. I'm more interested at how skin colour has suddenly become a thing again on the right side. What happened to 'i don't see race'
Reply 14
I don't think people would be surprised. I'm more interested at how skin colour has suddenly become a thing again on the right side. What happened to 'i don't see race'

Unfortunately, that seems to have disappeared.
I was just surprised at the overwhelmingly negative reaction to this. You even have other supporters getting dismayed.

Things are awful on Twitter nowadays.
Things are awful on Twitter nowadays.

Original post by LovelyMrFox
Unfortunately, that seems to have disappeared.

At this point, i have no more energy for 2020, wake me up when it's January 1st 2021
Reply 17
Original post by mnot

All of Twitter, political or not, is a cesspit.
At this point, i have no more energy for 2020, wake me up when it's January 1st 2021

Someone's friend on reddit recently woke up from a coma since September. I feel bad for her tbh
Reply 19
Tory voters: "I don't see colour at all." "Britain is the least racist country."
Also tories: "BAME ARE TAKING OVER." :angry::angry::angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending