The Student Room Group

I'm thinking of studying anthropology but I don't know what A-Levels to take

I'm currently thinking of taking English language, psychology and classics, but I'm not sure if these are the best choices for anthropology. (I'm specifically thinking socio-cultural anthropology or maybe linguist). I'm also not sure if it would be better to swap one of the above three for something like chemistry. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Original post by gothihopemployee
I'm currently thinking of taking English language, psychology and classics, but I'm not sure if these are the best choices for anthropology. (I'm specifically thinking socio-cultural anthropology or maybe linguist). I'm also not sure if it would be better to swap one of the above three for something like chemistry. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

The easy way to do it is to make a list of whats available from school.
Then tick the ones you enjoy or can get a good grade in.

Make a table with your top ten courses and check entrance requirements.
See which A levels they require.
Compare your combination of most interesting and available A levels which you will do best at and see how they match up to entrance requirements.

If you have a match, then you are fine.

Manchester as an example says:

Applicants must be studying at least one of the following A-level subjects: Accounting; Economics; Finance; Business Studies; Development Studies; Government and Politics; Economic and Social History; Mathematics; Anthropology; Sociology; Philosophy; Religious Studies; English Language; English Literature; Geography; Psychology; Classical Civilisation; History; Archaeology; Communication Studies; Environmental Studies; World Development; Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Modern Languages.
Original post by 999tigger
The easy way to do it is to make a list of whats available from school.
Then tick the ones you enjoy or can get a good grade in.

Make a table with your top ten courses and check entrance requirements.
See which A levels they require.
Compare your combination of most interesting and available A levels which you will do best at and see how they match up to entrance requirements.

If you have a match, then you are fine.

Manchester as an example says:

Applicants must be studying at least one of the following A-level subjects: Accounting; Economics; Finance; Business Studies; Development Studies; Government and Politics; Economic and Social History; Mathematics; Anthropology; Sociology; Philosophy; Religious Studies; English Language; English Literature; Geography; Psychology; Classical Civilisation; History; Archaeology; Communication Studies; Environmental Studies; World Development; Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Modern Languages.

Okay, I'll try having a go at that.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest