The Student Room Group

Accenture 2020 Apprenticeship Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by savage_queen
From the sounds of it, Newcastle will take a bit of adjusting to. It's a bit hit and miss depending on personal preference but it's a lovely city.

I haven't heard back regarding my email too so I'm assuming they may be occupied sorting out everything.

Ah, well let's keep our eyes peeled then! :biggrin:

I think given the current situation with covid i think we will spend the first 'part' or at least boot camp at home until the governments gives business the all clear to come back to the office and even then it will be under strict social distancing.

I was able to phone him today and he was able to clarify some stuff for me, i think if you drop him an email and organise a time to speak that would be better for your queries.

I hope that i wont be the only guy from London or another city there lol, even though i suspect everyone will be from Newcastle.
Original post by Toastedshoes12
I think given the current situation with covid i think we will spend the first 'part' or at least boot camp at home until the governments gives business the all clear to come back to the office and even then it will be under strict social distancing.

I was able to phone him today and he was able to clarify some stuff for me, i think if you drop him an email and organise a time to speak that would be better for your queries.

I hope that i wont be the only guy from London or another city there lol, even though i suspect everyone will be from Newcastle.

Sorry for the late reply but I do hope that the virtual aspect only stays for a brief while aha.

What number did you call on? I emailed Sophie but I haven't heard anything back from her yet.

I'm sure you will be one of many from outside Newcastle- it's quite a popular apprenticeship :smile:
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you ask him?
Sorry i thought i posted my reply,

I tried to contact Sophie as well i kept getting a bounce back so i contacted Jack on a number that was available on the contract i would post it here but i don't want to make it publicly available.

I just asked about on boarding and when it would start he said either end of this week or start of the next.
Also you got like snapchat or instagram its easier to talk on there then using this forum.
Sorry i thought i posted my reply,

I tried to contact Sophie as well i kept getting a bounce back so i contacted Jack on a number that was available on the contract i would post it here but i don't want to make it publicly available.

I just asked about on boarding and when it would start he said either end of this week or start of the next.

Thank you, I have called him on that number and left him a voicemail so hopefully I'll hear back soon!

It still feels surreal at this stage that I've gotten the apprenticeship, you know? And slightly scary as I haven't signed all the contracts yet! Hopefully, we'll get the on boarding soon too😊
Also you got like snapchat or instagram its easier to talk on there then using this forum.

Snapchat would be better, you can PM me your user name if you want
Thank you, I have called him on that number and left him a voicemail so hopefully I'll hear back soon!

It still feels surreal at this stage that I've gotten the apprenticeship, you know? And slightly scary as I haven't signed all the contracts yet! Hopefully, we'll get the on boarding soon too😊

Yeah we made it into a fortune 500 company which is amazing, and i can't wait for on boarding and to meet all the other apprentices, like i said it could happen as early as this Friday or start of next week. You still have not signed the contract? I did that ages ago Lol.

My snap chat user is : active-ia
Yeah we made it into a fortune 500 company which is amazing, and i can't wait for on boarding and to meet all the other apprentices, like i said it could happen as early as this Friday or start of next week. You still have not signed the contract? I did that ages ago Lol.

My snap chat user is : active-ia

I signed the contract as soon as I got it, I meant the additional ones for the on boarding which I have thankfully received now. Presume, you have too!
I signed the contract as soon as I got it, I meant the additional ones for the on boarding which I have thankfully received now. Presume, you have too!

Urm no i have not actually, did you receive an email to prompt you do it ? Or was it on the portal where you signed the contract??
Urm no i have not actually, did you receive an email to prompt you do it ? Or was it on the portal where you signed the contract??

Also did he call you back?
Also did he call you back?

You should receive an email alert for a new portal soon. I did not receive a callback so I may drop an email tomorrow.
You should receive an email alert for a new portal soon. I did not receive a callback so I may drop an email tomorrow.

Does it specify a date of when on boarding will start on your portal? I would email him but he said either of this week or start of next so i don't want to nag him, urr idk.
Also i just got my on boarding portal login, working through that now have you done all the tasks there was only 7 to do but it is saying total of 11 not 100% sure about that.
Also i just got my on boarding portal login, working through that now have you done all the tasks there was only 7 to do but it is saying total of 11 not 100% sure about that.

Yeah, mine's the same. I was quite confused about that- presuming that the background verification may be the additional 4. Also, the bit where you have to sign the contract and attach it is confusing as I haven't received a physical copy. Have you?
Does it specify a date of when on boarding will start on your portal? I would email him but he said either of this week or start of next so i don't want to nag him, urr idk.

It doesn't have a date but you get a personalised countdown page- it's pretty cool! I'd probably give it a few days before you contact him because it will help you ask all the questions at once.
Yeah, mine's the same. I was quite confused about that- presuming that the background verification may be the additional 4. Also, the bit where you have to sign the contract and attach it is confusing as I haven't received a physical copy. Have you?

Yeah so when you accepted the offer on that portal there should be an option near the bottom for a printable format where you can download it and print it out. I just signed it physically and then scanned it and uploaded it to the portal. Luckily i have a scanner and printer at home, i'm not sure what people without it will do.
It doesn't have a date but you get a personalised countdown page- it's pretty cool! I'd probably give it a few days before you contact him because it will help you ask all the questions at once.

It is fine i got access to the portal now and i think i have completed everything for now, the background screening from the third party vendor took quite a while everything else was ok, but yeah i have been scanning and filling out forms all day but yeah looking forward to getting started!
c

Yeah so when you accepted the offer on that portal there should be an option near the bottom for a printable format where you can download it and print it out. I just signed it physically and then scanned it and uploaded it to the portal. Luckily i have a scanner and printer at home, i'm not sure what people without it will do.

Actually saying this you could just take a photo which i could have done, how have i just realised this now lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending